I have now stayed at this Doubletree four different times over the last six months when traveling to Princeton. If there is one thing that has characterized all of the visits, it has been the hotel's consistency in providing a clean room, a clean restroom, a comfortable bed, and a properly working A/C and heating system. Each stay has been in a different room across three different floors. Each time I have asked for extra pillows through online reservations and each time they have been there waiting for me in the room. The only thing they missed on one stay was forgetting to put the two complimentary water bottles in the room on check-in, which the front desk quickly corrected. Overall a well maintained, good hotel.
As with all lodging, there are some things to be aware of:
- The parking looks ample, but it gets filled quickly and you could very well end up parking in the back of the hotel, particularly if you arrive or return to the hotel past 9PM.
- The pricing for a room is competitive during weekends but gets pricier than comparable hotels during the week. The priciness is higher if you consider no breakfast is included in the room rates.
- The hotel has a restaurant sort of attached to it. I did not visit it, but they list the specials in the hotel lobby and near the elevators each day. It appeared to have a very limited selection. The prices were equal to or higher than several of the good to better restaurants in town (Mezzaluna, Mediterra, Lucy's, Teresa's - yes I like Italian). Unsure if they open for breakfast as I ate all my meals out, or if there is another area for breakfast within the hotel.
- The hotel is one of the farthest out from Princeton township. It might add another 5-10 minutes to your commute than some of the ones closer to Alexander or Washington Road.
- Some of the rooms facing toward Highway 1 are very close to the hotel lighting that illuminates the front entrance and parking area. You will need to close the shades tightly to avoid the brightness entering the room at night. No issue with the shades closed, though.
- Some folks complain about highway noise, given room proximity to the highway (about 50 meters). I did not experience any issue even when being in the highway-facing rooms.
- The rooms are medium to large sized, but the standard rooms are not your traditional Doubletree two-room suites, they are a single room with a king or two doubles and a desk/sitting area next to it.
I will happily keep returning to this Doubletree as long as they continue to be consistent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008, the beautiful Doubletree Hotel Princeton features the exquisite Sweet Dreams beds, Precor Fitness Center, heated indoor pool, business center, wireless HSIA, and of course our signature warm chocolate chip cookie. We offer complimentary shuttle service to popular destinations and businesses within a five-mile radius of the hotel, and are conveniently located off US Route 1 near historic downtown Princeton, New Jersey. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Princeton
- Princeton Doubletree