“Very Good Choice”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed December 23, 2011

As you drive up you may think oh no a 1990's Ramada Inn. Fear not. The hotel has gone through a gut rehab and we had a very nice stay in a very gracious hotel. Everything is modern, clean and well attended to; from the rooms to the fitness center to the business center to the lobby. The staff is quite competent and accommodating both at the main desk and in the On the Bone restaurant. Dinner was fine, but the breakfast buffet is an excellent choice. Far better than most hotels, less expensive an very, very carefully monitored by the morning restaurant manager. I have rarely seen such attention to detail, quality and guest comfort in a hotel restaurant.
There was one strange shortcoming. The room lacks blackout curtains or shades and our sleep was disturbed by both the bright outdoor lights and the early morning sun. Puzzling omission.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sjf09
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2011

Happy Holidays and thank you for staying with us! We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. The building was a Ramada Inn a long time ago, but as you have mentioned we have gone beyond that. Our breakfast buffet is truly a treat. We want to make sure there is enough variety for everyone to have a great start to their day! I am sorry to see that you had an issue with our blackout curtains. We do have them in all the rooms. They are located behind all the curtains and pushed back to allow light into the room. I will take this comment to the proper department to see if we can make it easier for our guests to spot them. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope that you will return soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have family in Princeton so we have stayed here several times, sometimes in multiple rooms.
Pros:
Rooms are spacious and clean
I am greeted warmly, sometimes by name.
Paperwork takes a minute or two and you're done.
All requested 'extras' - pillows, blankets etc, are in the room every time
Beds are super comfy
Hotel is very quiet
Try the burgers on the room service menu. Yummy
Plentiful bathroom amenities
Breakfast brunch is really good and the servers and hostess are very attentive
Those cookies
Cons:
Wish wireless was included

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LIGrammy

Thank you for staying with us again and Happy Holidays!! We are glad that we can provide with service that you love and trust. We will strive to continue to meet your expectations whenever you stay. May I suggest our kobe sliders, if you have not tried those already. In regards to the internet, this is something that we have been working on for some time. We are trying our best to remedy this for the new year. Thank you again!

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed at the Doubletree for a family gathering in NJ. Wanted to be close to the gathering, but searched (on Tripadvisor of course) for a good value. We needed 2 rooms for ourselves, and our daughters family. This was our first experience with Doubletree, and it exceeded expectations. The room was well appointed, the front desk staff wonderfully helpful, and the included Sunday buffet breakfast was the best that we have had. The pool area (we arrived too late to enjoy it) was beautiful, and a REAL pool with an 8' depth. My only criticism would be the noisy heating unit. Next day, we spent some time in gorgeous, festively decorated Princeton.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank skordzek
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2011

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to ensure that our guests feel welcome and at home while they stay with us. We do not want you as the guest to worry about anything. I see that you were able to enjoy our wonderful breakfast buffet. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we try to have options that everyone can enjoy. I will pass the issue with the noisy heating unit to the proper department. We do hope that you stay with us again, and enjoy the pool next time. Thank you again and have a Happy Holiday!

Reviewed December 12, 2011

The Doubletree Princeton offers nice and comfortable rooms! Front desk staff that checked me in was super accommodating and very friendly. As I walked to the elevators I met up with a couple of employees of the hotel, and each one were friendly and wanted to make sure I knew how to get to the elevators and wished me a good stay! Room was nice and amenities were good! And I'm very picky with hotels! The only thing that was a little crazy is the maid knocked on my door at 8:20am on a Saturday saying room service!!! This was annoying to me because my checkout wasn't until 11am or 12pm, so why in the world would the maid do this? So my only suggestion to the hotel would be to have the maids come to the rooms on Sat no earlier than 9am and keep the cookies coming!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank sunshine11
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

Thank you very much for staying with us recently! We are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay! We strive to create an environment as warm as our cookies. Every guest is special to us. I am very sorry you were disturbed so early in the morning on Saturday. This issue will be communicated to the Executive Housekeeper. However, hanging the do not disturb sign will keep everyone away from your room so you can sleep soundly. We all hope that you will return to us soon! If we do not see you, have a happy holiday!

Reviewed December 1, 2011

Hotel was comfortable, quiet and affordable. Warm cookies at check-in a nice touch

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thank you for your recent stay at our property. We are all glad that you enjoyed your stay. On your next visit to Princeton, we hope that you will choose us once again! We will also have a nice warm cookie when you arrive.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Warm cookies as we checked in - off to a great start! Quiet, large room. Comfy bed. Very clean. Great water pressure in the shower. Lots of broccoli in my omelette in the morning. Just what we needed!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you for choosing our property for your visit to the Princeton area. All of us here are glad that you chose to stay with us. Our signature Doubletree Cookie is how we great all of our guests. Nothing makes you feel like you’re at home like a nice, warm cookie. You can also order these cookies online, if you find yourself craving them before your next trip. Our housekeepers work very hard to make sure that our rooms are up to Hilton standards. Our Sweet Dreams beds are designed to put your whole body at rest, to ensure that you get a good night’s sleep. Our restaurant staff only aims to please when preparing your meals. Be sure to stay with us again and try our dinner menu. And remember, when you stay with us, you can have the cookies whenever you want; not only at check-in

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Hi All, I just got back from a week end stay at Hotel Doubletree Princeton and here is my review. I booked this package for two through Expedia for $128.00 CDN including breakfast. This hotel is just pushed back off US Highway 1 a couple of miles from downtown Princeton. Parking is free all around the hotel. This is a fairly new hotel with an indoor pool. My room was room 206 on the second floor and it was perfect, super comfortable beds, quality linens, nice bathroom, and a complete buffet breakfast that was scrumptious. I give this hotel my highest rating for dollar value, I highly recommend the Doubletree and I know that you will not be disappointed, just try it!!

Room Tip: Hi All, I just got back from a week end stay at Hotel Doubletree Princeton and here is my review. I...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Mikealoneathome
Lawrence_J247, Front Desk Agent at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I see you were able to book one of the many packages that we offer that include breakfast. With being located off of Route 1, we are easily accessible, and it makes easy to get the restaurants and malls in the surrounding areas. Besides our cookies, our beds are another signature for us. They are designed to maximize your comfort for a sound sleep, which I can see you enjoyed. Thank you for the high ranking and I hope that you would come back and stay with us again soon. The winter months are approaching, and Princeton looks very picturesque covered in a blanket of snow.