“Very nice place to relax and have dinner”

The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very nice place to relax and have dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Again my wife and I ate at your hotel and again Neven the bartender was great. He is really a very nice man who takes pride in his job. Whenever we're in Princeton we will stop for dinner. We will be back within the next month we may make reservations at the Westin.

• Stayed July 2014
64mariek, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
We are very fortunate to have Neven on our team. He takes great care of our guests each and every day whether you are staying at the Westin and or just passing through for a meal.

Thanks for the great review and continued supported of the Westin. We look forward to seeing you soon

Marie Kupfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Clean modern lobby is welcoming after a long day of business travel. The hotel check in staff was extremely courteous and professional. The price seems standard for a Westin, but a bit high for the area. Nice option for future visits.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for the great review. We train our team regularly to insure every guest is made to feel welcome. That along with our world renowned heavenly bed and heavenly bath helps guest relax, refresh and renew whether they are staying for business or leisure purposes .

We look forward to being your host for future stays

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here on a visit to Princeton. The price was relatively cheap for a Westin. The location is terrific - it's right next to a shopping mall called Forrestal Village, and it's a really short drive into the town of Princeton. The room is standard Westin - luxurious, specious, and clean, and the interior design is both elegant and modern but unfortunately I did not try the on-site restaurants because I had to leave early the next morning for the tour and information session.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MarieKupfer, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you so much for the perfect review. It sounds like you were visiting the university which is less than ten minutes away so I trust you will be a frequent guest. Perhaps the next time you will be able to stay and join us for dinner or breakfast in Parallel 40

Be sure to sign up to be an SPG member which is our loyalty program. You are able to accrue points each time you stay which can than be used for complimentary stays at any Starwood property throughout the world.

Thanks again for the review and I look forward to being your host in the near future

Montague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

One does not expect good views or excellent service at a hotel on the expressway interchange in a place like Princeton NJ. I checked into this hotel very early, due to train schedules, and had a room filled with sunlight, a lovely view, comfortable bed and assisted by very gracious and welcoming staff. I will definitely return to this hotel in my next visit to Princeton. I am not familiar with trains along the east coast, but the ease of taking the train from NYC to Princeton Junction, and then getting to the hotel was amazing. As a weary road warrior, I deeply appreciated this. Also, due to the need to conserve my own energy and that of my staff, i had two meals at this Westin, including a very important business meeting. The food was excellent, and again, graciously provided. The dining area was quiet, allowing us to linger and accomplish a great deal at both meals. And the location was very convenient for my work needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
64mariek, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Comfortable and welcoming is really what hospitality is all about and the reason why most of us went into this business. We train our staff pretty extensively in this regard, so its very rewarding to hear compliments of this nature.

I thank you for your compliments and as always will share with our team. We look forward to a return visit.

Warm Regards
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I actually just popped in to get some information on how to get to Princeton Campus. At the reception, Nancy, one of the receptionists there helped me out super friendly and competent. Great service, I love America!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Wow...wow again.

So the way I am reading this, you didn't even stay with us but were impressed with how Nancy handled your request. The moment I received this email, I called Nancy to thank her for her ability to make all feel at home.

Be sure to come back and visit when you can spend the night in one of our Heavenly Beds and or dine in either our restaurant or lounge.

be well...be safe

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

The "heavenly bed" they have is so comfortable you will not want to get out of it. The staff is friendly and the room was clean. I would stay here again any time. The Westin brand has always been a pleasure to stay with.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Those world renowned Heavenly Beds are mentioned over and over again. I'm so glad you recognized and enjoyed them. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the property and the staff..

Be well

New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

First I have done a lot of traveling for business and leisure. I consider myself seasoned. I will give you my thoughts on my stay at the Westin hotel in Princeton. My girlfriend and I were staying for the 4th of July weekend 2014. We arrived at the Westin at 3pm and there was a 45 minute wait to check-in. Apparently, several people got there at the same time. I think there was an event that took over the hotel, maybe a wedding (can happen). The room was what I expected. I will admit I don’t like rooms where the bathroom sink does not have a door. The bed was just okay but I have a king size double pillow-top at home, so hard to even equal that. We did a workout (gym was as expected) we had dinner and went to bed. It was 90 degrees Saturday and by 8:30am all chairs by the pool (inside and outside, “the pool connects”) were taken. We quickly got over our disappointment when we took a look at the pool water!!! The water was absolutely brown and murky! I would not have washed my dog in that water. Okay, I don’t have a dog but it really looked like a fish tank where the filter was clogged or broken, really bad. The location was nice we ate outside nearby and in Princeton for all meals. (Try PJ’s in Princeton for pancakes). Did I mention the pool was disgusting? A small thing when our room was done Saturday, we noticed Sunday morning there were no face clothes. How do you think I felt about the pool?? The stay was a C+. Add the pool and it goes down to an F. I would give a D- because the pool was open. The problem is I could not be sure they used water.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the review and yes it sounds as though you are a seasoned traveller. As a side note, my husband and I love PJ's for their pancakes as well.

My apologies there was a delay in checking in and you are correct in that a sizable group was delayed in their check out from the day prior. Though we are an incredibly busy hotel, this is more the exception than the norm. As for the pool water, both pools are monitored by our own CPOs as well as a third party pool company, 24/7. In reviewing the logs, I do not see anything out of the ordinary over the time period in question but clearly something we like to stay close to.

Again I do appreciate your comments and look forward to being your host in the near future. Our goal of course is that every stay is rated an A+. Please let me know when your travels bring you back this way. I'd like an opportunity to personally meet you.

Be well.