“Nice Hotel”

The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several time when traveling for business. I like the location and the hotel is clean and nice. On my most recent stay I was in a room at the front of the building and I could hear noise even though the window was closed. I was also awakened both mornings by what sounded like a treadmill pounding but I was not below or next to the gym (but I don't know what else the sound was). Service at this hotel is incredible and there is a great fitness center.

I also love that this hotel is pet friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback and request that you give the hotel a call to speak with our Rooms Division Manager so that he can ascertain the origin of this loud noise that disrupted your stay. We would like to have this issue corrected immediately and your feedback would be appreciated. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Westin is a very nice, comfortable hotel just outside Princeton New Jersey.

The reception area is bright and welcoming with large expanses of windows. In fact there are large windows through all of the common areas, including the fitness center –– so you don’t get the Twilight Zone Hotel Blues if you say too long inside. The reception desk service was efficient and friendly.

You have to pay for Wifi, annoying in this day and age. It's not like Wifi is something special anymore; it's an expectation. And the Wifi is not even good; I kept losing my connection.

The room was nicely decorated and well maintained with an expansive desk surface. The bed, pillows, etc. were comfortable. I'm not sure if the duvet is freshly laundered after each guest – it didn’t have that crisp feel, but the rest of the space was very clean. I will make a point to make a special duvet launder request if I stay here again.

The bathroom set up is a little awkward: the closet shares the space with the sink, which is outside the toilet/bathtub room, and there is no door for privacy if you’re using the sink. A plus: the sink area is bright with a magnifying mirror. However, the sink surface is small. This all is to say: if your bathroom or cosmetics routine and related space and privacy are important to you, you might want to inquire after a higher level room.

Just a few minor complaints that you can address with a little planning:

Our room actually looked out on a window to the elevator! [See photo.] Yes, I could look out my window and wave to other hotel desks as they got on and off the elevators. The few amenities are Brand X, e.g., scratchy tissues. I'll just bring my own next time.

The restaurant is excellent, at least for breakfast. A nice selection of dishes, made from good quality ingredients. Typical hotel prices, but at least you’re not paying $15 for a sterno buffet. The service was excellent.

The hotel is placed in a no-mans-land shopping center, with a few stores and many vacant properties. [There is a nice coffee/pastry/sandwich shop across the way, but it's closed on weekends.] Still, the hotel itself feels bright, cheery and comfortable and I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: A room that doesn't look out onto the elevator or other public space.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback and welcome the ideas and suggestions you have made. We hope that when you return to the Princeton area you choose the Westin as your home away from home. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was attending a legislative conference at this hotel and decided to drive up the night before. This hotel is beautiful and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. We walked in a side door and were immediately greeted by a staff member who pointed us to the front desk. I was checked in by Nick and he was wonderful. It was my first time to this area and Nick suggested places to eat and shop. As I wandered around the halls looking for my room, a housekeeping staff member assisted me in the right direction. The room was beautiful and the bathroom had a great shower. We were assisted once more by the front desk when we asked for suggestions for a place to eat. We especially liked the fact that we could leave the car and walk to a nearby restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are gracious to hear that you had truly experience what our hotel has to offer. We also would like to thank you for recognizing some of our staff members and can assure you they will be properly recognized. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your future return.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel weekly for business over nine weeks. The rooms are comfortable and the lobby bar has a good selection of food and drink. Whether it's calling a guest by name or providing and stamp and envelope when I needed one, the front desk staff are always incredibly friendly as helpful. Will stay here again if I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Westin experience on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your great feedback of our front desk staff and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Spent the night at the hotel : comfortable rooms and lovely staff. Had breakfast at The Parallel Restaurant this morning. Rodney was our server and he was super efficient and friendly. The meal was delicious. I had vanilla infused French toast. What a treat. Hats off to James the chef. Look forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for writing a wonderful review of our hotel. We are glad that some of our associates were able to make your visit extra special and we appreciate your recognition. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed at the Westin over a weekend in December 2013. I liked the room, the fitness center, and the hotel's proximity to the university. That I liked.

On the downside, the clerk at the front desk billed my credit card for the room even though it had already been prepaid through Expedia. I only found out about the charge later from a credit card statement. I called the hotel and had the problem resolved immediately, but this should not have happened in the first place.

Overall, good hotel, but keep your eye on your wallet.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Although we are happy to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable we are truly regretful that you encountered an accounting issue while being our guest. We hope that when you return to the area you allow us the opportunity to regain your full confidence in our ability to deliver exceptional guest service.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This hotel combines an excellent service with great accommodations and a perfect location: the Forrestal Village. We stayed at the hotel for a weekend and in spite that there was a big wedding on Saturday night and a bridal show on Sunday it never altered the quite and elegant lobby atmosphere.
We asks for a late check out on Sunday afternoon and the hotel was more than happy to accommodate our needs. One minus: we were misinformed by the hotel personal about breakfast hours on weekends. We needed an early breakfast (6:30am) and in spite that we were assured that the cafeteria will be open that early on a Sunday it was not.
The room was confortable and clean.
We will certainly visit this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Westin experience on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate the great feedback in addition to your patronage. We look forward to your future return.