“If a business doesn't care enough to call me back, why should I book with them again?”

The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in early December. We had planned to spend the weekend, but a changing weather picture made us check out early. When we left, we were assured that we would be charged for only the one night that we stayed, but the e-mailed receipt showed two nights. I called immediately upon seeing it, and was told that the business office would get back to me. Since then, I have called repeatedly, but have not had the courtesy of even one return phone call. Extremely disappointing.

I tried calling the manager, but the front desk would only put me through to the billing office. I would have stayed at this pleasant hotel again if the business office had been even half as responsive as the front desk personnel, but in my book, if a business doesn't care enough to call a customer back after repeated calls, they are not worthy of repeated business.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you Nancy for sharing your feedback. It is unfortunate that you had to make several attempts to have this simple accounting issues corrected and we have failed to call you back. This is not the standard of service we have set and I'd like to take a step in the right direction by asking you to contact me directly so that I can correct this by tomorrow. My direct line is 609.520.6335. I am the manager on duty most afternoons/evenings Tuesday-Saturday. Please contact me at your convenience and I will take care of this for you immediately.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our anniversary overnight trip was really enhanced by the fabulous service at the Westin. Esther at the front desk was outstanding. My husband felt the fitness center was above average, providing great opportunities for weights, cardio, and core fitness. It was a quick drive into downtown Princeton for dinner and a movie. All a great value. Glad we decided not to go into the city due to the rain.

• Stayed: January 2014
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for writing a wonderful review of your experience. I can assure you Esther will be properly recognized as her passion is shown by creating wonderful experiences for our guests. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here only one night. But it was an absolute bargain for the price. The Forrestal Village is a superb location, with lots of restaurants and stores. There is covered parking available. The hotel lobby is comfortable. The room was large, exceptionally clean and bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was large with an excellent shower. Our only gripe was that the towels were a bit threadbare but this was offset by the very friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
64mariek, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

How very nice to wake up to such a great review regarding teh facility and our staff. I look forward to being your host in the near future.

Regards
Marie Kupfer

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We recently stayed at The Westin following a snow/ice storm and a late night affair. The attentiveness of Mike McEntyre to ensure our safety and comfort was outstanding. The room was great; and, the bed was heavenly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for writing a wonderful review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are excited to hear that one of our associates was able to create that extra special memory for you and your guests. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The emphasis on great customer service that you see in all of these reviews is completely justified. I live in New Jersey and had to stay overnight at the Westin Princeton following a surgical procedure. I was travelling alone, and had to ask for some special assistance ahead of time. I was connected with the front office manager Wisam (Sam), who went out of his way to help me and to accommodate my needs. It was not the feeling of someone just doing their job, or even just doing their job well. It was the feeling of someone who personally cared and truly wanted to do everything he could for me. I hope for this when I pay thousands of dollars at a world class resort where I am staying for a couple of weeks. It is surprising to find in New Jersey with an overnight stay. Everyone I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. It is glaringly apparent that customer service is of primary importance at this hotel, and it makes all of the difference in the world. The property itself is beautiful. What I really like about it is that it is not a huge building with that impersonal, business and conference oriented feel. It is a high-end hotel that somehow manages to feel very personal and accessible. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. I have always been a dedicated Hyatt customer, but my stay here has opened my eyes to new possibilities.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad to read that one of our associates created an unforgettable experience while you were our guest. The image you portrayed in your email is what we strive for with each and every guest. Your kind words are appreciated and we look forward to having you back as one of our many loyal Westin Princeton guests.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 15, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel where staff that goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is relaxing and a complete pleasure, then you must schedule a stay at the Westin in Princeton, New Jersey. Have stayed there several times and each time I feel like I am being pampered and treated as if I am special. Have scheduled another stay at this hotel for later this week. Please check it out and you will see what I mean.

Room Tip: Depends on your preference -- I prefer the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edie S
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Westin. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and going above and beyond to create that extra special experience. We look forward to your future return.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I highly recommend the Westin in Princeton, NJ. The hospitality was outstanding! We checked in and a few minutes later received a call to see if we liked our rooms and if there was anything the hotel could further provide. The room was great. Check in was also a pleasant experience. We then attended an affair in their beautiful ballroom. After the event ended, my husband and I wanted a glass of port wine to end a fabulous evening. Even though the bar had just closed, the manager arranged for the bartender to pour us two glasses of port and he did it with a smile and charged it to our room which really ended our night on a positive note. Everyone at the hotel goes out of their way to please the guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

On behalf of the Westin Princeton staff thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of your experience. We are happy to read that some of our staff members went above and beyond to create that unique Westin experience.

See you again soon!