“Clean, but expected more from a Westin”

The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel room was exceptionally clean and the hotel itself was very nice. I've always heard that Westins have really comfortable beds, but the bed in my hotel room was very hard and did not live up to my expectations. In addition, I was surprised to find that the paint over the shower in the bathroom was cracked and was peeling. I would definitely try one of the higher-ranked hotels in the future, if I visit this area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

abs628,

Thank you for filling out a wonderful review of our hotel. We are glad that we had exceeded your expectations. However, we are truly sorry that our Heavenly bed was not suitable for your sleep needs. Our beds are the Westin standard and when they are used for a period of time are replaced. Please contact our Front Office Manager to speak with him regarding the room that you were in so that we can look to replace that mattress immediately. Thank you again for your important feedback and we look forward to your future return.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I definitely enjoyed my stay here, everything was extremely comfortable, but I also just wanted to single out Rebecca Rios, one of the staff members working out here, who was patient to a fault and exceptionally professional in helping me deal with getting a last minute flight booking. Thank you for going above and beyond what is normally expected

• Stayed: June 2013
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Jeremyhlee,

We would like to thank you for filling out a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. Your recognition of our staff member is appreciated we will probably recognize her on our end. Your continuing patronage is very important to us and we are happy to hear that we had exceeded your expectations during your most recent visit.

Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

An OK Westin except for the Club Floor which is a tiny self serve room with zero seating. Princeton guests deserve better than this for a club. I am Platinum and this club is appalling in quality. Breakfast in the restaurant was fairly good but that is full price ala carte so expensive,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

DoctorVonCueBall,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. Your feedback is very important us as we continue to seek out opportunities for improvement. We thank you for providing feedback about our club lounge as we are in the process upgrading our club lounge to include additional hot items for our club lounge guests. We hope that you return in the future to experience the fruits of the changes we are making.

Thank you again and we look forward to your continuing patronage.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The rooms are nice, the linens are clean and the atmosphere is quiet. There are amenities such as ice machine, pool, work out facility etc. What detracts greatly from this hotel is service. The service is awful, and it's made all the more terrible by the unreasonably high prices.

This is one of those places that price gouges when demand is high, more than doubling their rates for the busy season but not doubling their staff etc, which means not only do they not up their service for twice the price, they actually downgrade it. We requested a crib before we arrived for our infant son and they confirmed over the phone it would not be an issue. When we arrived they had no cribs available. We called down the next day and asked about the crib and they said they had some and would bring them to the room. After no crib appeared I went to the front desk and asked about it and they said all cribs were booked through the weekend. When you charge 380 dollars a night, you go out and buy a new crib for your customer after they are assured of a crib. The Westin did not have the class to do this. Other hotels would do this.

When our child fell out of the bed and injured his nose a crib magically appeared in our room within hours. What was really frustrating (aside from my injured and bleeding baby) is they assured us of a crib twice, and then failed to deliver. Had we not been assured a crib we would have brought our pack-n-play.

This is one of those places that pretends to be high scale but does not have high scale service, only facilities, and then they nickel-and-dime you every time you turn around. There's a charge for internet, even though room prices were already doubled for the time we stayed there. The hotel restaurant is uninspired and over priced. The pool area was littered with wet towels and trash (yes, actual trash like a South Philly street at 2am on a Sunday morning with cups, wrappers, styrofoam food containers and chicken wings).

My advice, stay at the Courtyard Marriot. Better service, just as clean rooms and a decent breakfast for half the price. I don't mind paying more for better service, the the Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village does not deliver on their price.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bjorn N
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Bjoin N,

Thank you for filling out a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is disheartening to read that we were unable to deliver the incredible experience our guests receive. I can understand that the lack of baby crib availability can be quite frustrating especially when traveling. Rests assure we are looking into to purchasing additional baby cribs so this kind of event does not take place again. It would be a pleasure to have you as our honorary guest as I feel you were unable to truly enjoy what the Westin Princeton has to offer. Please feel free to contact our Rooms Division Manager so that he can handle your future accommodations. Your feedback is very important to us as it creates opportunity for improvement and recognition.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

As you should expect from a Westin the rooms and hotel were nicely done. The service was great. Unfortunately there seems to not be inspection of rooms regularly as when I checked into mine there was significant grime on doors and broken parts. I let the front desk know the next day and it was all quickly taken care of and they were very nice about it. The only other drawback is that there is not a lot nearby in terms of restaurants (Tre Piani is not so great). But I would certainly recommend the place. It is quiet as well.

Room Tip: Facing the entrance circle can be noisy from trucks that arrive early in the morning. Facing the hig...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Plasamblip,

Thank you for filling out a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. Your feedback is very important to us and I am truly sorry that you encountered such below standard cleanliness issues. We have a detailed inspection procedure at our hotel which could involve up to two inspections once the room has been cleaned. I can assure you your feedback has been communicated to housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. We look forward to your continuing patronage of our hotel and welcome any additional feedback you wish to provide.

Nicholas Amato
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Rooms were clean, comfortable. Bed was comfortable. There were tables and chairs outside the hotel in a park like setting. Complimentary internet access and bottled water. The club lounge was closed so they gave us vouches to use at the Starbuck located in lobby. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike T, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear TashaLin:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly apprecaite your nice comments. We hope you are able to come back and visit us agan very soon!

All the best,

Mike Taylor

Reviewed May 30, 2013

During a visit to our Princeton office I decided to stay at the Westin Princeton which is close to our offices and nicely located close to route 1 but without having the noise from it.

I travel regularly on business travels and I'm always looking for a number of items of which the Westin Princeton fulfills all of them. There is a good internet connection at a reasonable rate. There are good bathroom facillities and finally it has ironing equipment in the room. Furthermore there is a pool at the hotel but I did not have a chance to try it this time around.

One small complaint were the pillows that were really big. I could have used a flatter option so that is pulling down because of the sleep quality.

I can't recommend the Starbucks at the hotel at it has a very limited selection of items. I couldn't even buy a bagel for breakfast which is disappointing. I had breakfast in the restaurant and it was a bit expensive. These were my only objections the rest was good.

All in all I rate this as an average hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Stephphen:

Thank you your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We have reviewed your suggestions for improvement and we will put them to good use. We hope we will see you again very soon!

Be well,