“Classy, pretty location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Opelika, Al
“Classy, pretty location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Rooms were clean, comfortable. Bed was comfortable. There were tables and chairs outside the hotel in a park like setting. Complimentary internet access and bottled water. The club lounge was closed so they gave us vouches to use at the Starbuck located in lobby. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mike T, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear TashaLin:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly apprecaite your nice comments. We hope you are able to come back and visit us agan very soon!

All the best,

Mike Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Frederiksberg, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

During a visit to our Princeton office I decided to stay at the Westin Princeton which is close to our offices and nicely located close to route 1 but without having the noise from it.

I travel regularly on business travels and I'm always looking for a number of items of which the Westin Princeton fulfills all of them. There is a good internet connection at a reasonable rate. There are good bathroom facillities and finally it has ironing equipment in the room. Furthermore there is a pool at the hotel but I did not have a chance to try it this time around.

One small complaint were the pillows that were really big. I could have used a flatter option so that is pulling down because of the sleep quality.

I can't recommend the Starbucks at the hotel at it has a very limited selection of items. I couldn't even buy a bagel for breakfast which is disappointing. I had breakfast in the restaurant and it was a bit expensive. These were my only objections the rest was good.

All in all I rate this as an average hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stephphen:

Thank you your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We have reviewed your suggestions for improvement and we will put them to good use. We hope we will see you again very soon!

Be well,

Cresco, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just recently I took my wife away for the night for her birthday, figured we would go to a nice hotel for a night. Found this hotel on spg thought it was really once. The hotel itself is very nice but the problem is that the walls are super thin that you here everything in the room next to you. Also found that there house keeping wasn't the best either. Found stuff in the fridge from whoever was there last. I am a platinum member and when checking out my wife just told them that it wasn't a good stay and see wasn't happy so they promised to give us 1000 points for what happened. Guess what that didn't happen and I did email the hotel and spg headquarters to tell them that I wasn't pleased at all.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rob j:

We are very sorry that we dissappointed you during your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to see that each guest has an excellent experience with us. We apologize that we did not provide that for you. I have personlly looked into your concerns and I can assure you that they have been addressed.

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

For some reason, this Westin gets reviews all over the map. I've stayed here many times, so let me add some perspective. This is a Westin property on the Princeton/Plainsboro border, about 4 miles or so from Princeton University. It sits on Route 1, the main route in central NJ, and is part of a chronically underperforming retail/office complex (Forrestal Village). The hotel caters to business traveler, pharma companies, traveling sports groups, etc. Rooms are typical Westin-nice beds, corporate feel etc. I've had a few issues from time to time (wrong charges, spotty internet) but nothing huge. Fitness center is pretty good, and they have an indoor/outdoor pool. It's not a particuarly high-end establishment, and its showing some wear and tear compared to when it opened as a Westin (it actually used to be a Marriott). Having said that, there aren't any hotels in the area that are any better either. I would stay here again (and probably will) if I come back on business. If it was was a personal trip, I would compare costs with the lower-end chain hotels. So overall, its decent-not great, not terrible.

1 Thank roadwarrierMD
Dear roadwarrierMD:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. In the coming year we have many new upgrades planned for our hotel which correspond to your feedback. We hope these new additions will continue to delight you. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look to having you join us again very soon!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The room smelled terrible, damp and dirty. The room was freezing when I walked in; it had been set to 60F. Of course, I adjusted the temperature on the control panel and hours later I was still freezing. The furnishings just looked old. I expected a lot more considering the brand and rate. Oh well. Stay at one of the many other hotels along Rt 1.

The front desk while friendly, did not explain the internet login process if internet was included in your rate, and I had to dig into the room brochure to find obscure text about the fitness center. I guess I'm just used to hearing all the key info from the front desk person upon check-in.

Dear Julia:

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I am very sorry you were dissappointed with your stay. We have checked into the problems you experienced in your guest room and corrected those issues. We strive to see each guest has an excellent experience when visiting us. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and see that your next visit is a pleasant one.

Mike Taylor

Travelers are raving about these Princeton hotels

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I am always amazed that Princeton does not have a really good hotel. You would think that a great college with fancy pants visitors would demand/ support it. In any event, this place is average, no more or less. It is not on campus, instead it sits off the nonstop curbcuts and strip malls that is US 1. That is not a bad thing if you need to be close to the highways, but there really is no charm or authenticity to the place. My bathroom ceiling had peeling paint in the shower stall, and I had a rambling voicemail on my phone left for a prior guest over two weeks ago. The wall had peeling wallpaper from a bad patch job of indeterminate vintage. And the whole place smells like an airport. Yikes! I do not know why their voicemail system does not wipe those old messages, but it just added to the overall " ick" factor. At dinner the restaurant was deserted, so we ventured accross the parking lot to try someplace else. I will say, however, in its favor, the hotel staff was universally nice and outgoing, which is what kept this rating at three stars rather than two.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nick A, Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Mookie61,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. We were shocked to read of the experience that you had. The word average to describe our hotel is not what we normally here. It is unfortunate that we were unable to create the Westin experience while you were our guest. We can assure you your feedback has not gone unnoticed and will be taken in a serious manner to prevent such an experience from occurring again. We hope that you return as our guest as your continuing loyalty to our brand as well as our hotel is our top initiative.

Management
Dundee, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have writen a lengthly explanation of our experience in the Tip box. If this review has to be 200 characters then I'm at a loss. We were disapointed with our visit. We were excited about being with family(many rooms had been blocked out for us and reserved) We were one of seneral family members bothered by barking dogs. By the second day the barking had stopped. Maybe, because the people were asked to leave.

Room Tip: The 2nd and 3rd floors are "pet friendly". However, we were on the 5th floor and were anno...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dowlish,

Thank you for filling out a review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. We are truly sorry that you did not receive the typical Westin Princeton experience you hoped to encounter. During your stay we were hosting a large dog show and had procedures in place to reduce the noise from the dogs as best as possible. Unfortunately it was not full proof and for that we are truly sorry. This kind of experience is not the lasting impression we strive to create. It is our hope that you give us a second chance to regain your confidence in our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your future return.

Best regards,