“Service above and beyond!”

The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I travel 80% of the time for my job and regularly stay in 4 and 5 star hotels where excellent customer service is the norm, but during my recent stay at Westin Princeton, the service exceeded my expectations on every level.

On May 8, unbeknownst to me, my purse dropped out of my briefcase as I was leaving the hotel. I didn't realize this until I arrived at my destination. I was unable to go back to the hotel to look for it as I was about to facilitate and all-day program that could not be delayed. Not only did my purse contain my ID, credit cards etc. but also my phone and reading glasses - a necessity to work. Needless to say, I was a bit stressed!

I called the hotel and spoke to a lovely woman named Lauren. I explained what had happened and that I had no idea where exactly the purse had dropped out - whether it was in my room, the elevator, the hall or out in the parking lot (it was raining!). While I presented my program, she and Dawan (a brand new employee) not only located my purse, but without being asked, they delivered it to my location! Thanks to their efforts and kindness not only was I able to relax and do my job more effectively, but the attendees of my program benefitted as well. Several stayed to comment on how the program had changed their lives - an outcome that might not have been realized without the amazing staff at the Westin Princeton!

They made my day, and their commitment to service further extended to all those who I worked with. I usually stay at the Hyatt because of its closer proximity to my work site, but I have since changed my upcoming reservations to the Westin and plan to stay there on all of my future visits to Princeton.

Also, the food was excellent!

3  Thank Cindy H
Lynn W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Hi Cindy H,

We here at the Westin are delighted that the hotel, service and staff "exceeded your expectations on every level," and you have already changed your future reservations from the Hyatt to the Westin. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you again and demonstrate our commitment to service during your stay. Lauren and Dawan said "Thank You," for your posting and the praise you related on how they helped bring about a positive outcome with your presentation. We here at the Westin wish you continued success with all your programs and look forward to you next visit with us.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Westin over Memorial Day weekend and it could not have been more pleasant. The hotel staff was very attentive during the entire stay, a special thanks to Michael Dalton and Lynn Woods! Check-in and check-out was smooth and fast. The hotel was very clean including the indoor and outdoor pool. The food was great and the room was large, clean and wonderful. My two young children really enjoyed the stay including cereal and hot chocolate in the morning! Our entire family enjoyed walking arouund the very nice hotel grounds and village. I highly recommend staying here for a relaxing weekend.

3  Thank Kevin C

Dear Kevin C,

It was a pleasure to see you and your family here at the Westin over the Memorial Day weekend. Thank you for your kind remarks and Michael & I look forward to your next visit with the family. We told our chef how much you enjoyed the selection of food that was available and that the entire family enjoyed it..-She asked me to convey her appreciation for your kind remarks and say thank you. In the meantime, thanks again from the Westin and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We have stayed here several times as our son attends Princeton, which is just a 5 minute drive away. Setting aside the special rate that they allow for Princeton families, the property is spotless and comfortable, every bit up to the Westin chain's reputation. The staff is polite and always smiling and accomodating. We have not really tried the restaurant as there are three good restaurants within a short walking distance and many others a short drive away. They have a Starbucks concession, also, which we enjoy for a quick snack in the morning. The room is equipped with a coffee maker and provides Starbucks there, as well. (If you use cream, you will probably want to ask for a few extras when you check in). The property is located in the Forrestal Village, a small shopping and office complex that is set up somewhat like a European city with a central fountain and three roadways branching from there. There is an upscale spa just up the street, a deluxe furniture store, etc. It makes for a very nice area to walk around for a morning stroll. If you are looking for a longer walk or a run, you can walk, run or drive to the nearby D&R Canal trail.

4  Thank Remdawg30

Hi Remdawg30,

Thank you for your complimentary remarks about the Westin Princeton and its "polite and smiling staff." We here at the Westin value your business and your repeated stays here at the hotel. Our Starbucks coffee will be brewing again for you to enjoy on your next visit to Princeton.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

The pleasant and attentive staff at the Westin Princeton were a highlight of my 3-night stay at the Westin Princeton. Kamran and Joseph were just two of the friendly and helpful staff that contributed to a great stay while I was in Princeton for a training workshop. My room was spacious and well-appointed. I also appreciated the variety of healthy options on the breakfast menu and enjoyed an excellent breakfast while there.

3  Thank earring4

Hi earring4,

Thank you for your complimentary remarks about our attentive staff, especially Kamran and Joseph. We here at the Westin were delighted in having you with us for a few nights' stays and look forward to seeing you again soon. The Director of Food & Beverage and Chef would like me to say thank you for your kind comments about your breakfast dining.-From all of us here at the Westin Princeton, it is always a pleasure to provide the finest in hospitality to our guests and visitors.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Recently my husband and I stayed a night here while we were in town for a family activity. We love visiting Princeton...the university is always a delight and the town is bustling and fun with great restaurants and shops.

We chose the Westin because it was easy to park and close to other family members. The location is in Forrestal Village. A very new, clean area to locate and walk around in. However, there is not much in Forrestal Village. And you can walk the entire area in about 2 blocks in any direction.

The Westin is contemporary in design with a friendly accommodating staff and lovely courtyard and common areas. We did not eat here and therefore cannot review the food and service.

Our room was pretty typical with the exception of the bed. We had a great night's sleep....very comfortable bed, pillows, fresh linens, etc. The bathroom was adequate. The double speakman shower head was awesome. The toilet and shower are separated by a door from the closet and vanity. The vanity area is cramped....one sink and little counter space. They advertised marble baths but the vanity was some sort of acrylic. There was marble in the little shower room.

TV was flat screen and HD but we didn't use it much. Parking is free and easy and safe. Room was very clean. Hallways were a bit sparse and dim but overall this is a more than adequate place for a quick stay.

3  Thank dogwoodlady
Lynn W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear dogwoodlady,

Hope you and the family enjoyed your family activity and thank you & your husband for joining us here at the Westin Princeton for an overnight stay. I agree with you that Princeton is a wonderful place to visit, learn and enjoy the many activities that are available for guests and visitors. Happy to hear that your Heavenly Bed provided you both with a wonderful night's sleep and that you found the double speakman shower head to be "awesome."-Our staff wishes to thank you for your visit and we all look forward to your next one.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We are writers and have had to be away from home for 9 weeks on a continuity/rewrite project. After staying in a cabin in Maine and cottage in Virginia, for 3 and 6 weeks at a time, this is heaven. Rolled up to Balmy (Super nice man) who took care of our luggage, and vehicle, and Frankie (Really great guy ...went out of his way!) saw to everything else. Takiana made sure we had a shuttle when we needed one. Super friendly and very efficient staff. Fantastic room and we don't have to lift one finger...yes!! We were so tired and the bed was so comfortable:)

3  Thank Brenhda
Lynn W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2012

Hi Brenhda,

I hope your continuity/rewrite project in Maine and Virginia turned out successful and thank you for visiting us here at the Westin Princeton.-Balmy, Frankie, and Tatiana wanted me to thank you for mentioning them in your positive posting with TripAdvisor and all of us here wish you many more memorable visits and great night sleeps in our comfortable rooms and beds. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I am a SPG Gold guest and have been to numerous Westin properties across the nation. This particular property stands out as being one of the best!
All of the other reviews that speak about positive customer service experiences are definitely true! This Westin exceeds your expectations and is and should be a model for other SPG properties of service excellence!

Everyone at the front desk is extremely friendly and helpful. These people are 100% genuine too! The Housekeeping staff is also super friendly and courteous. Everyone has a genuine smile on their face. The employees are happy and enjoy working here and it definitely shows!

My room was on the 6th floor which is accessed only by private key-card. The room was well appointed, updated, modern and well maintained. I am a "neat freak" and was impressed by the attention to detail that was taken to ensure that every nook and cranny of my room was actually cleaned! The Westin Heavenly Bed is awesome and all of the bathroom amenities are exceptional. I just love the White-Tea infused shampoo, conditioner, soaps, etc.

I received complimentary high speed internet access due to my status and also as a privilege for being on the 6th floor. I absolutely have to point out that the high speed internet access was actually phenomenal! This is hands-down the best internet connection I have ever experienced at any hotel! I had to download several large files for my business and was able to accomplish this with ease.

Another "perk" for being on the 6th floor is complimentary continental breakfast. I have read some of the other reviews that have been negative and have to say that my experience was extremely positive. Yes, it is NOT a club lounge. It is, (as another reviewer mentioned), a breakfast "nook". There are sliding frosted glass doors in one of the hallways on the 6th floor that open to an enclosed area which houses a variety of pastries, bagels and cold cereals. There is a separate "coffee bar" area inside which features regular and decaffeinated Starbucks coffee as well as hot water to make hot tea, hot oatmeal (packets provided) and hot chocolate. There is also a separate refrigerator that has assorted bottles of juice, yogurt, milk and bottled water.

I was especially impressed by the giant bowl of fresh blueberries, giant bowl of fresh strawberries, basket of banannas and apples and container of granola. There are so many things to choose from, one should not go hungry!

The rooms on the 6th floor have mini fridges so I was able to bring back several items and store them in order to consume later. (Just a little insider trick)!

The hotel features a full service upscale restaurant called Parallel 40. The menu is eclectic and offers something for everyone. I had the filet mignon accompanied with Yukon gold potatos and a medley of fresh squash, broccoli and green beans. I then splurged and had a freshly brewed cup of coffee and a piece of their lemon cake. My steak was superb. The dessert was phenomenal! What really made the entire dining experience so special was my server; David Lopez.

David Lopez is a shining example of what a waiter should be. He was extremely knowledgable of the entire menu, made fabulous recommendations and was extraordinary in the manner in which he listened to all of my culinary questions / concerns. My food came out exactly the way I had ordered it and wanted it to be! David was attentive the entire time. Nothing rubs me the wrong way more when waiters and waitresses ignore you and act like they are doing you a favor to wait on you! Not David! Again, he is another Westin employee that is full of enthusiasm and a genuine nice man! He is to be commended on an exemplary job!

I don't know what this Westin does to maintain and hire such quality employees. Whatever they are doing, please do not change! Please keep up the wonderful service and continue to reward your employees as it is working!

I will definitely be back to this hotel the next time my business brings me here. I highly recommend this hotel and do recommend that you stay on the 6th floor and take advantage of all of the extra "perks" I have mentioned!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the 6th floor. Get up early when the breakfast nook opens at 6:30 am as this is when th...