“Well priced Dinner,Show Package with four Stars”

Hyatt Regency Princeton
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Chek in was good, didn't get the upgrade we requested but still a nice clean comfortable room.

Dinner was superb. Service was lacking. No butter with lobster after asking, and drink service andbar for restaurant could be better. Please add Vodka to your $11 Drinks. After show we returned to restaurant. We found server Jean Claude I think was his name, our server maybe quit. He brought out a nice dessert we missed or they put away early for us and saved the day!

The singer was excellent, the show was great. The upstairs lounger bar and service was excellent.

A great new years eve withour seeing Dick Clark or the ball drop was the best ever.

If the make these minor improvements they will receive 5 stars. Hopefully see you again !

• Stayed: December 2011
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased that you found your room to be very clean and comfortable. I am glad you had a superb dinner. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Jean Claude letting him know that you found his service to be excellent. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We hope to have you back for a future stay!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Not sure why so many people are complaining about needing renovations here...I thought it was very nice and my room was fine and comfortable, maybe I am just not as picky. Service was outstanding so again not sure why there were complaints, my guess is that is not the norm as I could not say enough about the staff and how helpful and friendly they were. Only complaint would be the exceptionally high price of food and drink at the bar and restaurants. Would stay there again, just avoid the restaurants connected to it and eat on the main strip of route 1.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This property, both common area and guest rooms, are old and in dire need of the much anticipated renovation scheduled to begin spring of 2012. I would strongly avoid this property until renovations have been completed. If you choose to stay here, do not order room service. My order took 1 hour 45 minutes to arrive when it was promised in 40 and once it arrived, the order was wrong. Instead, opt for their restaurant which has surprisingly good food and good service.

Room Tip: Avoid this property until renovations have been completed.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your recent experience at our property. I have forwarded your comments on to the appropriate personnel regarding the issues with your room service. Rest assured this is not what our guests should come to expect and that we will address this matter immediately. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a future stay.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed December 8, 2011

In spite of their attempts to appear upscale, this hotel just isn't. The service is indifferent, the front desk and other areas are understaffed, and many of the rooms are starting to show their age (bathrooms not up to par, places where wall paper is peeling). The restaurant is pleasant with decent food, but way overpriced. In its defense, it's about as good or a little better than anything else in the area. I stay there on a very favorable corporate rate, but I'd be hard-pressed to recommend it at full price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out. The atrium facing rooms are strange to me.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

For visiting Princeton, New Jersey nearly all of the hotel options are along nearby Route 1. The Nassau Inn across the street from the campus is poor value for the high price it charges, so one is almost forced to look along Route 1. During periods of low business activity such as the Thanksgiving holiday or Christmas, there are excellent bargains to be found. I have had good luck bidding on top hotels using Priceline and have saved more than 50% on the hotel's posted internet rate.

Room Tip: I like the top floor near the end of the hall, away from elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Yuck!

Mold on the wall below the windows, dirty sink and tub. The mold was most disturbing. The sofa in the common area looked great from a distance... No Wi-FI in common areas!

But, I got what I paid for... No wonder they accept $60 on Priceline!

Hampton Inn, next time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

We appreciate you sharing these details about your experience with us. We're very sorry that your experience was outside of our normal service and as such did not meet expectations. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I have stayed here before but now remember why I never returned. When I'm in the area which is very often I stay down the road at Hyatt Place Princeton.

This hotel has some serious issues that are not being addressed nor their lack of action is surprising since they use the Hyatt name.

Most of the food is not consistent with other and most Hyatt Hotels. The dedicated diamond and platinum lane exists but anyone can use it. The staff can't read or listen to client requests either.

The rooms are drab and need updating badly. Just goes to show that the owners are greedy and don't put any money back into their business. Especially the bathrooms.

• Stayed: November 2011