“Cute. Good food.”

Big Fish Seafood Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Fish Seafood Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 197 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meadow Rd (MarketFair Mall)
Delaware
“Cute. Good food.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for lunch. Seemed a little slow due to the construction going on at the mall. We were able to get seated right away. The decor was fun. Some parts could use a little rejuvenation but that was minimal.
The food was very tasty. I had the Maryland Crab cake entree. It was really good. Lots of crab,little to no filler. My son had fish and chips and it was perfectly fried.
Our server was fine and attentive.
I'd go back.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
“Rather expensive for what you get”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would probably rate this place somewhere between a three and a four star. The place looks promising enough when you first arrive, with a wide outdoor seating area (albeit one that overlooks the parking lot) and an airy, modern interior. The staff were (mostly) very friendly and attentive, so why am I not giving it rave reviews? Well, I think it's because the prices are too inflated for the quality of the food. You could easily spend over fifty bucks here for a starter, main course and one drink. To avoid the overspend, I opted for the set three-course meal for $20, with a small cup of seafood bisque for the starter, salmon and shimp for the main, and a creme broulee to finish things off. I liked the starter and dessert best; the main course salmon was rather over-cooked and had too much mango in it.

Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Great place for a special event”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Four of us who rarely get together shared a nice meal there last night. They were kind enough to bend the rules and allowed us to order from the prix fixe menu, even though holidays are normally excluded. The Tilapia Provencale was delicious, as the breading was not too heavy. The rice was also cooked just right, and the bottle of wine brought it all together.

I was very happy with the atmosphere, the service, the food and and the final bill was not unreasonable for four nice dinners and some wine. Would go again -- especially for a special event.

• Visited May 2013
“Nice location off route 1 but subpar "fresh" seafood.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Being in the east coast, you expect fresh seafood, especially when its in the fresh fish section. Big Fish is big inside with interesting decor and a decent bar setup but the fish my friends doesn't seem that great. Three if us travelling for work had dinner there this week. I got the recommended "fresh" Atlantic swordfish to be lightly seared with some Cajun blackening seasoning served with sautéed spinach and steamed summer vegetables. I got an overcooked fish that resembled something from kitchen nightmares served with spinach that was heavy in the salt and green beans, old brown broccoli and one piece of yellow squash that was more chewy than crisp after the steaming. One coworker got the cedar plank salmon a little undercooked despite asking for it well done and the third coworker got the salmon burger. A concoction made of what seemed like pieces f the fish that were mashed together with cornstarch to hold it together. At least the edamame and green onion biscuits were good. A pricy seafood dinner where you received an underwhelming meal. I will not return.

Massachusetts
“Not worth another visit”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I like seafood, and as we knew we would be stopping in Princeton for lunch, and wanted to visit shops in the same complex, decided to try Big Fish. The restaurant wasn't busy mid-Sunday afternoon, we were seated at once, and staff seemed plentiful, but it was ten minutes before a waiter passing by asked if we had been served yet. Obviously not, since we had menus piled in front of us. To start we had the lobster bisque, "accented" with creme fraiche and lobster meat, which is to say, a drizzle of the first and the tiniest amount of the second; it was tasty and attractive, though one can get much the same in a supermarket's canned soup aisle. After that we had the crab cake lunch, a single undistinguished crab cake (partly some seafood other than crab) on a lightly grilled slice of tomato with the merest touch of mustard sauce, accompanied by what was described as coconut ginger rice but with no detectable coconut or ginger, and a "vegetable medley". If we take Rte. 1 through Princeton again, we'll likely stop at P.F. Chang's instead.

• Visited April 2013