“We have had a huge group here twice and everything was great!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Princeton Sports Bar and Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The manager has been so accommodating to our group- the smaller steering committee met here for dinner and had a great time. We then scheduled 2 large cocktail type meetings and it went very well.

Food is good and well priced, beer is great. Excellent happy hour pricing. Check it out!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Like many of the other reviewers, our party certainly didn't understand why anyone would sit in the dining area of the bar with loud music blasting, one of the first comments we made. Also true, no cell phone reception, but you are in a basement, so you should expect it.

The food in this place just shouts "we don't care about you as a customer, just leave your money on the table when you leave!". We all started with salads which ($10) that were disappointing, they didn't even fill up the plate, and it was just lettuce, couple of cucumbers, olives and bottled salad dressing, very disappointing.

I tried to play it safe and ordered the P-Rade Reuben ($12) as I was told it was one of the most popular items on the menu. It says right on the menu "1/2 pound of slow-cooked corned beef piled high on toasted Rye bread ..." Well, my sandwich only had about 3 slices of corned beef on it. When I asked about the half pound another waiter overheard and came over to tell me it doesn't say it on the menu and they only serve 5oz. portions. We also ordered a Jadwin personal pizza ($13) which was just ok. The signature burger costs ($13) and really isn't that special. None of us were really impressed. After a couple of drinks, apps, sandwich, tax and tip, it cost about $65 a couple, IMHO there are many other choices in the area.

Other than arguing about the menu ingredients, the service was what you would expect in a sports bar, it was way better than the food.

In a town that has many eating options, it won't be hard to find a better place to eat.

However, if you just want a couple of beers and a plate of wimpy fried wings, then this is your place.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Enjoyed going down to the Princeton SB&G for dinner. Food was always good as was the choice of beers. Only problem I ran into was there was no phone reception there in the basement, so I could not receive important calls.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I may not be smart enough to be Ivy League material but at least I'm savvy enough to know that this place is lame.

First night out in Princeton my friends and I ended up here because Triumph Brewery wasn't our scene. Turns out this wasn't much better.

We showed up around 11ish on a Saturday night and it was fairly full but the setting was sad. The place is divided by a wall - one side I'm guessing usually operates as a restaurant and the other a mini dance floor. I looked more like half the place studying their beer in awkward silence and the other half was dubstep with a dash of desperation.

I asked the bartender if this was really it. He said, "Yeah, pretty much. Sometimes Fridays are better."

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Starting with the lack of attentive front house staff, to the troubled music that blasts out any dinner partrons, its hard to see the appeal. Sure a nice sports bar would be nice, since its right on nassau street, but this not a sports bar by any stretch.

Clearly I was there for dinner, no mIt was an late Friday night dinner, around 10pm, and I thought I'd check this place out. Sports bar and grille... can't go wrong right? Well... this place will have you thinking you're in a different world.

Walked in, waited for someone to acknowledge us, they asked if we wanted menus. Ask if the kitchen was open for dinner, in luck they were! The music seemed to get louder even though we were only in there for a less than 40mins (that’s how long it took to sit down eat an appetizer and leave)

Clearly I was there for dinner, no mood to drink or have night out yet the waiter had to be reminded to bring some menus. The appetizer wasn't fresh - the price was high enough it should have been, but even worse was that the waiter didn’t bring any setup. I had to steal them from another table. (The manager was seated at a table near his counter, playing on his laptop - he saw me get up but didn’t correct the situation)

After seeing the managers inability to do his job I can only wonder what the kitchen looks like! - left after the apps, was in no mood to put with overpriced food, with subpar quality, in a place that didn’t know what it was.

The old place may have went out of business because of poor food quality, this place will go out of business due to the lack of service.

Won't ever be back.
ood to drink or have night out yet the waiter had to be reminded to bring some menus. The appitizer wasn't fresh - the price was high enough it should have been, but even worse was that the waiter didnt bring any setup. I had to steal them from another table. (The manager was seated at the table and saw me get up)

After seeing the managers inablity to do his job I can only wonder what the kitchen looks like! - left after the apps, was in no mood to put with over priced food, with subpar quality, in a place that didnt know what it was.

Won't ever be back.