Clarion Hotel Palmer Inn
Nassau Inn(Princeton)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsan indian restaurantinner courtyardclean sheetsmain roadlarge showerprinceton universitybed and pillowsexcellent breakfastcoffee makerdecent hotelshort drivefree breakfastcomfortable staywholefoodsstaplessatellitevacuuming
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The web page for this hotel is VERY deceiving. The rooms were so disgusting, small, and dirty. The mattress didn't even fit on the bed. Hotels should NOT have comforters that are never washed. My son had hairs on his blanket. Breakfast was disgusting to say the least - the "eggs" were soaked in water. The orange juice was at least 70 degrees and the whole room was filthy with over flowing trash and what seemed to be vagrants sitting eating....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I arrived in torrential rain at midnight. It was all lit up and looked very welcoming. How wrong! The reception area, and, indeed the whole hotel, smelled awful. It was shabby and defeated, as was the very elderly, unshaven chap on Reception. I checked in and he gave me a diagram of how to get to my room. No help was offered. I trundled my case round the hotel, following the signs written in felt-tipped pen and sellotaped to the walls. My room was on an outside corridor which I would not normally have minded, save that there appeared to be no-one else there and there was certainly no security. The room was dingy and smelly and there were very unfortunate stains on the chairs. The bathroom, however, was spotless. The fridge was empty and I went downstairs again in search of water. There was a bar which was busy but insalubrious. The reception man explained that I could buy bottles of water from a machine in a corridor. Didn't work. He tried and about five dollars later, a bottle appeared. He said he would pay for it. Back up to room, through spooky, deserted corridors. I thought I could hack it for a couple of nights. I checked the bedlinen. Clean but rumpled. And then I sniffed the pillows.....Suffice it that when I went to check out immediately, the receptionist did not seem at all surprised.

It is a shame because the hotel has a very pretty courtyard, the rooms are quite large and it was probably once good, but not now. It is the only time I have ever left a hotel - even more so, at 1:00am on a rainy night. The next hotel I went to - the Hyatt Place- was a much better bet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed here the first weekend in May, 2012, as we were in town for a family event. This hotel is very pet friendly, and friendly to people as well. It was not one of the finest hotels I've ever stayed at, but the beds were comfortable, the room was clean, plenty of towels, the included continental breakfast was fresh and plentiful. I would stay there again. The staff was just great, very accommodating, and the room rate could not be beat. Ask for Melissa...she's top notch...and a dog lover!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed in this somewhat pricey motel and it was very well-run and it had an excellent staff.It is well-serviced by Princeton Bus#605 from Palmer Square to this motel.Travelling to Princeton and Palmer Square involves walking half a mile to the Market Place Mall to catch bus#605.The Clarion has a complimentary bus service which goes to Princeton University,Palmer Square,and the Princeton Train Station several times a day.Their complimentary continental breakfast was excellent.It is a short,easy walk to an excellent Whole Foods Market and a Quiznos sandwich shop.i did not have a car in the Princeton area and I was very happy at the Clarion Motel.

Room Tip: Check their complimentary bus schedule to Princeton and Princeton University,if you don't have a car.Princeton town is a very pedestrian-friendly place.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Comfortable beds and functional elements with a better than expected breakfast. Older bathroom and carpeting in rooms that are partially updated. It was the beat value in the area for the basics with, wifi, breakfast and pleasant staff. I think with the current upgrades complete and fresh floor coverings this would be an average motel at the best price for Princeton.

Room Tip: In the back on the inside courtyard is the quietest for this route one location
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family