“Really Enjoyed It”

Gennaro's Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 207 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cherry Hill Rd.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Visiting from out of town, found this gem on TripAdvisor and it was a wonderful meal. I spent many years in NJ and NY, and always love to get Italian food when I am up this way, so I know good italian food and this is it. Gina, our waitress, was an amazing hostess for the evening, and ensured our meal would be wonderful and memorable. She helped us with our selections, made great recommendations, even how to modify some of the dishes based on our tastes and helped us choose good combinations knowing we were going to share a pasta with our entrees.

Started with Greens Gennaro from their weekly specials menu. This was fabulous with plenty of garlic and a nice kick from the cherry peppers.
Escarole, Prosciutto, Hot Cherry Peppers, Sauteed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Garlic, coated with our own Formaggio Misto. "A House Signature Dish"

Then I had the branzino, my coworker had a veal dish, and we shared the gnocchi.

Branzino Corfu'
Roasted Fillets of Mediterranean Sea Bass, sautéed Grape Tomatoes, Capers and Lemon EVOO with Red Bliss Smashed Potatoes and Vegetables del Giorno

Gnocchi Sorrentina
Homemade Potato Gnocchi tossed with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil Pomodoro

Don't miss desserts! The creme brulee and the chocolate hazelnut gelato were excellent, both served with a fancy tuxedo-dressed dark and white chocolate covered strawberry.

It was a wonderful meal with a very friendly and customer-focused staff.

2  Thank ComeFlyAway

Reviewed September 6, 2013

On the long drive home from a mini vacation, my husband and I stopped at Gennaro's because it was literally on the road home and my husband can never pass up an Italian meal. The meal was served in Princeton, NJ but it tasted like Italy to us. The food was so good that it is worth driving almost 2 hours to get there! My watermelon soup was total perfection. Husband's salad was delicious. His bolognese tasted like the best he ever had in Buonconvento, Italy. My pasta was so good that I finished every last morsel even though I was full half way through. Gina was our server and we loved her. We even told her to choose my husband's dessert because everything on the list sounded so good. The tiramisu was truly the best he ever had. I told Gina to give the chef a big hug and a kiss for me and she was more than happy to oblige. The chef is also her husband! With a duo like this you have to eat at Gennaro's. If you don't go there, you are depriving yourself of a perfect meal in a lovely restaurant.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Like an earlier review, I also was here for the first time and someones birthday. Everyone else got "usuals" and loved them. I ordered a special and requested a slight modification. They accommodated me and my dish also was great! I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Ordered a veal piccatta which was wonder ful and steak filets with spinach and garlic potatoes,also delicious.Lovely for a BYOB place.Will be returning soon.Service was first rate but we always go early (6PM) to avoid the crush.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Celebrating a birthday with 6 people I was the only one who had never been to Gennaros though I had heard great things about it. It surpassed my expectations in delicious food, excellent service and lovely atmosphere. The food was exceptional - everyone loved what they chose - and the presentation of the food was very artistic I even took a picture of my seafood dish it looked so beautiful! It's a BYOB place and the waitstaff were very attentive in making sure we all had our wine glasses filled. The place was very busy with larger parties as well as couples dining & celebrating and it was obvious they have a very loyal following of diners. The owner is very charming and welcoming too. We plan to make this a favorite of ours when our next dining out occasion comes up....it was such a fun night out highly recommend :)

1  Thank FrenIrishW