New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton

Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Providence, Rhode Island
“Super friendly! Great for families.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wow! Let me just say that staying at this hotel was enough to get me back online to write a review!

I haven't been in New Jersey for a few years, but the kids wailing on me for Six Flags Fright Fest was enough to plan another trip out there. We always try to stay within the Hilton chain, but unfortunately the Hampton Inn we have frequented before was sold out during the weekend we needed to visit. This gem came up and we figured why not? We've never stayed at a Homewood Suites before.

We arrived on a Thursday, right at 3pm for check in. They were ready for us! The room was ready, and check in was incredibly fast! David at the desk was a young professional and had us in route to our room in no time. And he mentioned dinner; dinner?! You have to be kidding me. I'm sold on the Homewood suites brand. The comp dinner that night saved us a trip out and some cash, and it was rather tasty! My husband indulged on the beer tap they had out as well; nice! I also need to mention our dinner attendant, Hoda; an absolutely charming woman! A true "mother like" attitude she had, catering to any every need to make sure her dinner was pleasing to us. Our kids loved her.

Our room was immaculate; the cleanest of any hotel room I've seen. And extremely large. Even though we had two queen beds in our room, the kids opted to sleep on the pullout sofa we found in the living room. The view was a bit boring of highway route 1, but this is being picky. The housekeeping staff always smiled and said hello, and most importantly, during our 3 night stay I never saw one thing in the room that wasn't spotless... not easy when you're housing 3 kids!

Our kids loved the pool, and probably used a good percentage of the hotel's pool towels. I couldn't get them out of the hottub! One thing I'd like to have seen is perhaps a diving board or some sort of pool slide that families seem to enjoy, but again, this is being picky.
Overall, I can't find one thing to gripe about. And I can't remember the name, but the man at the desk when we called down on our 2nd night was extremely helpful in finding us a delivery restaurant when we returned later one evening.

Next Six Flags trip, we're coming back!

Room Tip: For families, the room with two queen beds works well
1 Thank PaulandGinaTheA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Clarence, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We chose to stay here while visiting my daughter and family nearby for the celebration of my 70th birthday. We always load in on her and it seemed like a nice idea to get our own place this time. The rooms were great and allowed me to have my family over for dinner the first night we arrived. On Saturday I left a note for the maid that I would like a large bowl as I wanted to make popcorn. I was having my little granddaughter for a sleepover. Not only did she leave me the bowl, she also left the popcorn,Which was wonderful because I hadn't had time to buy any. The breakfast was beyond amazing. It was obvious that the servers took great pride in the quality and presentation of the food. They even have dinner M-Th and I can only imagine that it is great. It was wonderful to have my family visit me as I visited them.. My 4 year old grandson even asked his mom after we had left if he could visit grammie in her "repartment". A Home away from home. We will be back.

Chennai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Suite was very good. We liked the shuttle service. It was very useful to make trips to the mall and university. we did not rent a car during our stay. We would strongly recommend this to all parents for stay during International Orientation or Freshman orientation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here at least 5 times over the past 3-4 years and it's generally been fine. But like having one bad meal at a decent restaurant, we will probably never return. On short notice we booked a room for one night. Upon arrival, we realized we had been placed on the 4th floor-the smoking floor despite requesting non-smoking. We're non-smokers, but not militant about it. Mistakes happen, so we tried to get the room changed, as it was disgusting. What surprised us was the "tough luck" New Jersey attitude. Basically, "you requested a smoking room, we're full, too bad." This experience went against prior experiences at this hotel, but I'll never return.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is smoking and the smell permeates the hotel. Stay off the 4th floor unless you smoke
6 Thank brad935
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I went with my family in total 11 of us and really enjoy to be in this hotel.
the staff is very friendly and the food is great specialy the breakfast.and also the person in charge of the pool he is very polite thank you.

• Stayed September 2013
Kittanning, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night when we took our son to college. The suite was on the small side, but very nicely appointed and spotless. Everything seemed to work as it was supposed to. The bed was comfy but a little on the soft side. Our son slept on the sleeper sofa, and said it wasn't bad as sleeper sofas go. We didn't hear any noise in the bedroom, but our son heard some as he only had one door between him and the hallway. The breakfast was plentiful, varied, tasty and very well stocked. I was disappointed I didn't get to use the pool as it closed at 10. It looked clean but rather small and there is also a hot tub. There is also a lovely area outside with tables and chairs and a basketball court. I would definitely stay here again as long as I can get a reasonable price.

Room Tip: This hotel is absolutely huge with a rather confusing layout. If you get easily lost, you might wan...
Middletown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Homewood Suites in Princeton, NJ is absolutely great! Very clean, the staff is great and the breakfast is awesome. Take advantage of the pool and hot tub! I highly recommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton