We stayed here recently on a weekend and were overall pleased with our stay. The staff and the rooms were great, typically what one would expect from a homewood suites. We had a King Suite, but it was the smallest room we had ever seen amongst the 5 different Homewood Suites we have visited, it did not impede our stay nonetheless. However, the room were was spotless clean, furniture in good shape, no problems with the room whatsoever, everything worked like we expected. Only complaint is that the bathroom was so dimly lit. Why is that? Just a slightly brighter bulb would have done the trick.
We did encounter one small issue with the timing of our housekeeping on the hotel schedule and I got very irate, I found the housekeeping manager "Brad" and shared my total irritation with him. He maintained his cool and professionalism, completely diffused me with a speedy resolution, a meaningful explanation, plenty of politeness and his cool demeanor. I was impressed by this gentlemen, he should run this hotel.
We did however have a surprising disappointment. There were swimming lessons at the hotel pool, conducted by an outside company for NON HOTEL GUESTS!!! Are you kiddin' me? These lessons went on all afternoon long!! Random families started showing up each half hour in their cars right outside, kept knocking on the outside door to the pool area asking to be let in, unloaded all their swim gear from their cars and all of them jumped into the pool while their kid got a swimming lesson with the swim instructor. I have never seen anything like this!!! None of these individuals were hotel guests, they were all from the local area. It made my kids and I feel like we were impeding on a private lesson and we were made to feel like we were in the way!!! SERIOUSLY???? WE are the paying hotel guests and this pool should be for hotel guests solely and not for some third party to conduct business operations in!!! Terrible decision by this greedy owner, shame on the owner.
Anyhow, I have to give this property a 3 Star due to this. It should not really stop you from going here if you have no intention of using the pool. However, most families traveling with kids would want to know that they would be disrupting classes in the hotel pool if they wish to use the pool during the day on a weekend. I already voiced my concern to Hilton Honors Club in hopes that Hilton will have this owner correct this issue.
Again, their Manager Brad was great, Cathy at the front desk was super professional and rooms were splendid, breakfast was plentiful, quickly replenished and had plenty of choices, including pro-biotic yogurts, etc. I would recommend this property to you as long as you don't use the pool during the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Princeton is conveniently located just 4 miles from Historic Princeton University and the Princeton Battlefield in Princeton, New Jersey. Visit our hotel and enjoy full breakfast each morning, evening dinner & drinks and complimentary high-speed internet access. Whatever the reason for your visit, relax and keep in shape at our fitness center, indoor pool & basketball court. Explore many Princeton area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Princeton Hotel Princeton
- Homewood Princeton
- Princeton Homewood Suites