I just returned from a two-night stay at this hotel. I stayed in a 1 king bed, 1 bedroom suite, which was good sized. The bedroom (complete with a comfy bed) closes off completely from the living room/kitchen area via a door, a nice plus. I found the small sofa in the living room uncomfortable to sit on, and the small dining table was somewhat awkwardly placed; it would have been difficult for two people to eat at that table simultaneously. The room was very clean and had all the amenities described on the Homewood website. The bathroom is a separate area (again, with its own door) with a toilet and tub/shower, but it's very poorly lit, especially when the shower curtain is in use. I found the general layout of this hotel to be a bit peculiar; things can be hard to find, despite good signage. The breakfast had a large variety of items, but the quality was not as good as I've had elsewhere. Most employees were polite, smiling, and quick to greet you with a "hello" or "good afternoon". The exception was the check-in staff, some of whom seemed hassled and a bit curt with guests.
The hotel is very popular with families, and blocks of rooms are often reserved for people attending celebrations. Be aware that there is a "no party" policy for the individual guestrooms, and they have mandatory quiet hours, currently from 9 pm to 8 am. Both are great ideas! The hotel makes a good base for exploring Princeton and the surrounding area.
I arrived on a Friday at about 2:15 pm (check-in officially begins at 3 pm). I had requested a very quiet room on a high floor, away from elevators, vending areas, etc. I understand that management cannot guarantee requests, but I was placed in a room on the second floor (there are four floors), directly next to the guest laundry, which is open 24/7. That didn't work for me. When I returned to the front desk at about 2:45, I was told that the only room available on a high floor faced the highway, which is busy Route 1, as "we're pretty well sold out this weekend". The only other king one bedroom suites available that didn't face the highway were either occupied or part of a block of reservations? Really? At 2:45 on a Friday afternoon? I didn't believe that, but who knows? Fortunately, I had my trusty ear plugs with me. The lesson here? If you are a light sleeper like me, insist on a room facing away from Route 1, or bring something to muffle traffic noise, because it will be an issue.
I'll be back in this area next month. I'm staying elsewhere at that time, but I will try this hotel again at some point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Princeton is conveniently located just 4 miles from Historic Princeton University and the Princeton Battlefield in Princeton, New Jersey. Visit our hotel and enjoy full breakfast each morning, evening dinner & drinks and complimentary high-speed internet access. Whatever the reason for your visit, relax and keep in shape at our fitness center, indoor pool & basketball court. Explore many Princeton area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Princeton Hotel Princeton
- Homewood Princeton
- Princeton Homewood Suites