“Wonderful Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a great hotel for business travelers.

Excellent free breakfast buffet every morning with lots of options.

Four nights a week you can have dinner and if you're going to be late just let the front desk know they will leave you dinner in your room.

My only, small complaint would be the laundry facilities. As an extended stay I found the amount of washers and dryers to be less then adequate. Meaning sometimes you had to wait awhile for them to be available for use.

Other then that I cannot wait for my next stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We sometimes come to Princeton to see our grandson play Lacrosse, and stay overnight rather than drive 3 hours to our home. He then joins us for breakfast (at the Pancake House in town) which is an added benefit of the overnight stay. We've done this several times now and staying at the Homewood Suites hotel has been a pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to Princeton to see my daughter who is attending college there. She wasn't able to come home so went there instead. What I wanted was to recreate home. This hotel is so great because it is like a mini apartment. There is a full kitchen with pots and pans..everything you need. There is a full fridge and even a dishwasher! There is a couch and desk area and the bed on the other side. Some have a door dividing the 2 but we got a studio suite. The TV is on a swivel so you can see it from either area. There is an indoor pool and a small workout room with a few treadmills. There is a laundry room with washers and dryers and free parking at the hotel. All for $127.00 per night which I got from Hotels.com. I gave them my cheapest rate from the hotel direct and they took it down another 5 bucks.. nice.

The staff was very nice. They offer complimentary shuttle service from the hotel to University if you need it.

They offer complimentary breakfast every day and dinner Monday- Thurs nights. To be honest the breakfast was kind of gross.. haha.. we ended up grabbing some bread and butter/ jam and made toast in the room. Coffee served all day and a bowl of fresh fruit avail all day.

The apartment like setting made for a wonderful getaway for us. It felt like home. I am so happy we found this place and will be back again!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting my Mom-in-law in Kendell Park, NJ. The rooms are a good size and are the cleanest I have seen in hotels in this area. We actually travel extra time to stay at this specific Hilton Brand Hotel. While nothing is ever perfect, I think this place is probably the closest so far! Nice job HIlton Homewood Suites!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times while visiting our son at the University. We missed the shuttle twice because the alarm clock in the room did not show the accurate time. They very by as much as 15 minutes - fast or slow. Once we discovered this we tried to change the time, but the alarm clocks in this hotel do not give you that option. Maybe they should use the change to daylight saving time in a few days to get the clocks set to the righjt time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

the smoking room was all that was available in king size, and it did not stink like smoke. good selection of movies once you figure out the cable remote. staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. had a spacific need for something and when they could not get it the engineering guy did. above the call of duty. we will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: pay attention to direction easy to get lost
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very disappointed with the smoked in smell of the room. I was traveling for business and I was too tired to go through the trouble of trying to find another room. Next time I will look for another option.

Room Tip: Choose a different option.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Zeal2122
Mary Ann K, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Zeal2122,
I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was a disappointment. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and when we do not we want to make sure that does not happen in the future. I hope that will try the Homewood Suites again as we want you to see the true spirit of the Homewood Suites Princeton.