My wife booked 2 rooms for the night of Saturday, July 21, 2012; one was for my family and the other for another family of friends who were spending the weekend with us. Both rooms were booked over a week in advance on the website of hotels.com, and fully paid $155 for each room.
We chose this hotel because we needed the amenities that this hotel provides – a suite that has a kitchen. We were traveling with 2 senior citizens within our families, as well as 3 young infants, between the ages of 1 and 3. One of the infants was celebrating her 2nd birthday, and we needed the kitchen to heat up food and also cook for the 2 senior citizens.
At 11:30 pm, on Friday night, July 20, 2012, my wife was egregiously surprised by a text from hotels.com stating that our reservations are cancelled and to call immediately for alternate accommodations. At the time, I was already in bed, since we had to get up early on Saturday morning to travel to Princeton, New Jersey. We then called the hotel to find out why was our reservations canceled and was greeted by an absolutely incompetent and ignorant man answering the phone that could not provide any information what-so-ever, and kept on continuously tell us to call back at 7:30 am. He repeated himself, like a broken record, as if “call back at 7:30” is the only words he knows how to say.
We then stayed up until 2am on Saturday morning with Hotels.com to make alternate arrangements. We ended up with a room in Pennsylvania, and was 30 miles away. The room was NOT a suite, did NOT have a kitchen, and we were NOT able to do any cooking. Needless to say, the child’s birthday party was ruined!
My wife called on Saturday morning at 8:15 and was told the manager was not available. We finally got a call back from a woman named Lori, and the only explanation she can give was that the previous guess needed to extend their stay in that room. But she could not give an explanation as to why we weren’t notified until 11:30 the night before. Also, when we told her that we really needed that room in order to use the kitchen to cook for 2 senior citizens and 3 infant children, she just continuously said there is nothing she can do about it. When asked why they can not make those guess that are occupying our room move to a near by hotel, she wasn’t able to give an explanation either. Is that how the hotel trains their staff?
It is extremely disturbing that a reputable hotel, under the name of Hilton, would hire such incompetent, irresponsible, ignorant, obnoxious, and inconsiderate people, who has absolutely no regards to the well being of their consumers. Do they not understand or have any form of common sense what-so-ever? How do they expect people to make alternate hotel plans at 11:30, the night before they are supposed to check in? Do they not understand that there are senior citizens or infant children that can not just eat any kind of food, and needs to be cooked for? Unless a full refund is received, along with compensation, and a formal apology from both the hotel, as well as hotels.com, we will have no choice but to commence legal action. Both families here fell extremely violated, and will see to it that justice is served, and that this does not happen to another family or customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Princeton is conveniently located just 4 miles from Historic Princeton University and the Princeton Battlefield in Princeton, New Jersey. Visit our hotel and enjoy full breakfast each morning, evening dinner & drinks and complimentary high-speed internet access. Whatever the reason for your visit, relax and keep in shape at our fitness center, indoor pool & basketball court. Explore many Princeton area attractions just steps from our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Princeton Hotel Princeton
- Homewood Princeton
- Princeton Homewood Suites