“Another first rate stay at the Homewood Suites Princeton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton

Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Hamilton, Canada
“Another first rate stay at the Homewood Suites Princeton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is my second stay here, and it was even better than my first, most probably because I felt even more at home. As always the shuttle service was so convenient, and the staff always gracious. The rooms are spacious, and wel equipped. I love the pool and the comfortable atmosphere of the hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor; it was peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Yvonne P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

A group of us stayed here with our high schools students who were participating in a competition at Princeton University. Suites are large, clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was good and offered a variety of choices. My one caveat: there are a very few number of 2 bedroom suites in this hotel, one of the people in our party reserved a 1 bedroom but got a 2 bedroom suite. This led to a great deal of trouble and confusion for our party as we were unaware that she had the larger suite, which other families, who had travelled with 4 people, had requested. The staff was not helpful in unraveling this problem and the situation became very complicated.

Room Tip: When you check in ask for confirmation of the size of your suite.
1 Thank Emily F
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

When we come to NJ to see family and friends we try to stay at this Homewood Suites. It's conveniently located on Route 1 and close to Princeton, shopping along Route 1 (MarketFair Mall), and several eateries including P.F. Chang's, On the Border, Macaroni Grill etc. and Whole Foods and Wegman's. The hotel is clean and feels like home. There is a nice breakfast spread in the morning which includes fruit salad, yogurt, breads , cereal and hot foods like sausage patties and eggs in some form. They serve a "dinner" meal between 5 and 7PM with real food, such as stuffed flounder, or ravioli, salad. A really nice perk at the end of the day. Rooms are nicely appointed and spacious enough to spend more than a week comfortably. A great hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Spent a week for a conference in Princeton. Great location, easy access to all University attractions and conference centers in the area. Queen suite with separate living area and fully stocked kitchen.Complimentary breakfast and dinner, both were great! and included wine and beer. Staff was great - welcoming, thorough, great knoweldge of the area. Took Ben's advice for dinner and was treated like royalty. One very minor glitch about noise from room above and they couldn't have been nicer to apologize for the inconvenience - chocolate accompanied the apology! We've never stayed at Homewood Suites before, but if this location is any indication, I'll never stay anywhere else. We weren't too far from elevator and laundry room, but no noise from either. Cleanliness was all that it should be. Great value. Also, only 15 miles to Rutgers Univ

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I and our two boys visited Princeton for a College visit. We stayed in the king suite which included a private king bedroom and separate living room with a pull out couch and kitchenette. The room was so clean and comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was superb.

It was very close to The college and the staff was extremely friendly. When we arrived home I realized I forgot my ring in the room and immediately called the hotel. Ben, who was working the front desk immediately checked for me and found my ring and called me right back and is shipping it to me. Prime example of the excellent service this hotel offers! I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed April 2012
New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband, 9 month old daughter, and I spent two nights at Homewood Suites in Princeton. We stayed here based on advice from other parents that it is an extremely family friendly hotel. We stayed in a one bedroom king suite that had a full kitchen, small table and chairs, sitting room, separate bedroom and bath. This was perfect for us as our daughter slept out in the sitting room in a pack and play and we were able to watch movies and hang out in our room without waking her. Homewood Suites had a bunch of little perks that really added up to make traveling with a baby easier and enjoyable. These little perks include: free hot breakfast (lots of choices), swimming pool, nearby walking trail along the D & R canal, free dinner buffet and drinks (wine and beer) Mon - Thurs, daily paper, and afternoon cookies at reception. Our room was quiet and comfortable and we had a great stay.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was just at Princeton, taking my daughter to check out grad school and attend her Admitted Student Open House. This property showed up on my search. Never stayed in a Homewood Suite, but due to the good rate and close proximity to the campus, decided to give it a try. In short, I think this is a superb place to stay, if visiting the area. Reasons:

1. Very adequate breakfast
2. Very adequate dinner M-Th nights. Since there's not much dining choices around, it's nice that they serve a complementary dinner with salad, entree, simple dessert and beer/wine.
3. Free shuttle (very friendly morning driver) to and from surrounding areas from 9:30AM to 10PM (I think that's the schedule). It was mostly reliable, but was late once picking us up near Princeton by about 20 minutes. The shuttle driver was very apologetic. I was OK with that since it was sunny and warm, but would not be that great if it was cold and rainy.
4. The rooms are very clean, spacious and has a kitchenette, which we used quite a bit.
5. Good lighting in the living area of our room, so we can do work, when needed,
6. Very friendly staff (especially the young lady at front desk who printed up listings of clothing stores for my daughter to shop)
7. Free wifi
8. Lots of storage in room and bathroom, if you need to stay for extended period of time (just 3 nights for us) or take a lot of luggage.

One very minor concern, the pillows are a bit too firm to my liking. Otherwise, everything is really great; far exceeded my expectations!

Will definitely stay there again, if in the area!