“Great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Hamilton, Canada
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

I should have written this earlier because I stayed end of October 2011. I was impressed with the hospitality and service: most important for me was the shuttle service particularly because we had a sudden snowstorm during my stay. I agree that pool could be warmer. Also the fire alarm went off and I was told that did happen with some frequency. However overall I would stay there again based on the kindness of the staff, and the comfortable atmosphere. As a matter of fact I will be staying there again in the Spring.

Room Tip: Tell the staff ahead of time you would like a quiet room
2 Thank Yvonne P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I have been staying here for several weeks while working in the area and the staff is always very helpful and eager to provide the small comforts that distinguish a "place to stay" from a hotel. David in the breakfast area is a pleasure as is Wyatt on the desk in the evenings. Thanks for sevral great stays

Room Tip: The two room suites are great.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert S
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Lots of places on US 1 to stay, so decided to give this one a try. Very nice property and got upgrated to a 2 bedroom suite. Too bad I was by myself ;-)

Would certainly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Ralph W
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

I brought my kids for a weekend getaway. The hottub was luke warm, the pool was ICE cold.
Everything else at this place was great, but, my kids love to swim and use the hot tub.

I've stayed at this place several times, but can no longer stay because the pool and hot tub are sub standard. All they have to do is have the pool and hot tub warmer and this would be a great place.

They need to pay more attention to detail here....

2 Thank Gary2373
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

Overall a nice place to stay in Princeton. Breakfast and dinner are right on time, rooms are comfortable and well appointed, and staff are friendly.

Only issues I have had at this property (not from most recent stay) were that the hot water to building went down in two occasions, right when I needed to shower. This problem seems to have been remedied.

I will be staying here again on business travel.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Oscar_T_Mike
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

This hotel is very nice, also for families. Friendly staff, clean and so convenient with a suite with a good kitchen when traveling with kids. A good breakfast and they serve dinner monday to thursday (which we never tried, though).
It has an indoor pool which was fun for our 2 year-old.
It takes about 10 minutes with car to central Princeton, which is a very cute downtown where our daughter could run around in the university area.
We also took the train to Manhattan one day, which we can recommend! 10 minutes with car to the trainstation and then about 1 hour with train to Penn station , NYC. However, if you want to get a parking spot at the train station, you need to be there eraly, before 8AM. Parking costs $5 per day. The staff at the hotel offered us a shuttle (free of charge) if we needed it, however.
Many shopping opportunities if your drive about 30 min from the hotel (at least 3 outlet malls, and many differende shopping malls).
We highly recommend this hotel!!

2 Thank 563Karin
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were looking for a reasonably nice place for a weekend visit to Six Flags, since we were planning an afternoon/night visit and a morning/afternoon visit to the park.

The hotel had offered a great rate, and since it included what turned out to be a rather nice breakfast buffet, it was worth driving a little more to get here - having 4 teenagers with me, I wanted a quiet night sleep.

They "upgraded" me to change my reservation to a larger room, but changed it to a smoking room - without telling me anything. I happened to be re-checking directions and noticed the reservation was not what we had made - so I had to call and make sure I had the room I reserved. They tried to tell me "people hardly ever smoke there" so I had to insist.

When we checked in - fairly late - they gave us the room we reserved. This incident didn't make me all that comfortable in their reservation system if they would put non-smokers in a smoking room - so guests should be warned they have to check to see if the hotel changed something without telling you.

There was what I later learned was a stinkbug on the bed. Gross. I was told that they are common all over Southern Jersey this time of year. Does that excuse a bug on the bed? Everything else was spit spot.

Since we were not on the top floor, it was loud when the folks above us walked around. They came in to their room well after we did, and were up earlier than I wanted to be, so sleep was not restful. Another problem was the bedroom table light didn't seem to want to stay off - there was a buzzing / intermittent clicking noise like it was trying to turn on.

Breakfast was pleasant, and kudos to the breakfast staff for keeping it well stocked, helping to maintain a cheerful atmostphere despite the crowd.

I mentioned my concerns to the front desk, and was told - "that's not good" but I am not sure they were going to fix it or not. I told them they should please call me about my concerns, but they have ignored me.

Room Tip: request a high floor
    • 2 of 5 bubbles