“Spectacular!”

McCarter Theatre Center
Ranked #6 of 53 things to do in Princeton
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was our first visit to the McCarter Theatre to see A Christmas Carol. I have seen this play several times but this is by far the best production I have ever seen. I felt like I was at a Broadway show in NYC. It actually brought me to tears. I am looking forward to attending more plays at this beautiful theatre so close to home!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I went to McCarter around the Christmas season to see the production of A Christmas Carol. I must say that I was impressed by the production. The play was directly from the original story. The cast was also very good. It was clear from the start that this was not some cheap, low quality production,but rather a high quality, well thought out production. Five stars. One extra tip: at the concession stand you can preorder food for intermission. This may come in handy if you have younger children.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I'm a long-time season subscriber to the theater productions and there was a time when I considered not renewing. But this season has been a winner so far, and McCarter seems to be trying harder to reach out to patrons (regular talks before the show, and some special talks afterwards). Some shows have gone to NYC, others to other renown theaters. And of course the prices are much lower than what you'd pay in NYC. There's also a wide range of non-theater events, booked by someone who's been doing it for a long time and brings in up-and-comers and the quirky as well as the favorites.
The theater is at the edge of the Princeton University campus and now a short walk from the Princeton train station (and a quick trip to the main train line at Princeton Junction)

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have always been impressed with the quality of everything presented from children's show, to concerts (Ben Folds) special guests (Anthony Bourdain) to A Christmas Carol - which is still spectacular after seeing many performances.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is one of the finest live theaters in our country. This is no slouch. This is a full production, large stage theater. A few years back they renovated and enlarged the place. They were able to maintain the integrity of the appearance and experience. The is plenty of parking. It is as lovely to go there as it is to see a show there.