“The Inn at Glencairn is an Experience to Remember”
Review of Inn at Glencairn

Inn at Glencairn
Ranked #1 of 3 Princeton B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 26, 2007

The Inn at Glencairn is as relaxing and enjoyable as it gets. We stayed there for one night in January after a light dusting of snow and had a wonderful time. The rooms are immaculate. Although the Inn dates back to 1736, modern amenities such as renovated bathrooms and flat screen televisions are at your immediate disposal. Not that we needed a television because the grounds are picturesque and the spacious great room truly takes you back to a simpler time. The breakfast was an absolute feast and the the innkeeper is beyond friendly. We were treated like royalty during our brief stay and will definitely be back again soon!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank rachel80

Reviewed March 23, 2007

From the welcome on our arrival, to the scrumptious breakfasts just before our departure, the stay was wonderful, relaxing, and comfortable. Round the clock beverages, including wine, and treats, welcoming fireplaces, and comfortable common spaces make it easy to relax and unwind. We look forward to our next stay!

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed January 11, 2007

I stayed at the Inn at Glencairn for one night in January for a weekend getaway. From the moment Bob the Innkeeper greeted me at the door I knew that my stay here was going to be a wonderful experience. I arrived late afternoon and warm cookies, cheese and crackers and assorted beverages were waiting. Bob was also available to make dinner reservations at a local restaurant. My room was large and immaculate, the bed so comfortable, and the flat screen TV added a nice touch. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, especially the fruit smoothie.
The Inn is in a good location. Cab fare was 15 dollars from the shops and eateries at Palmer Square 3 miles down the road. The train station is nearby as well but if you are going to stay in the Princeton area I would look to somehow have access to a car.
I will definiltey be staying here again in the future, my stay felt like home away from home!

1  Thank NJTraveler25
Reviewed October 9, 2006

The Inn at Glencairn is everything I could have hoped it to be and more. Both Bob (the innkeeper) and Janet (the proprieter) were charming, accomodating and inobtrusive. Breakfast was delicious and served in a very nice way. The furnishings respected the historic nature of the house, but were not bound by it. My room was spacious, and filled with light. Laying on the white comforter in the light blue room reminded me of floating on a cloud. I'm already looking for a reason to return.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank midatlanticinns
Reviewed October 8, 2006

Inn at Glencairn, Princeton, New Jersey
September 8, 9, 2006

As a 30-year rowing veteran, I participated in the FISA Masters World Rowing Championships, September 7 to 10, (Masters B, C, and D single races) held on Mercer Lake, Mercer Lake County, Princeton, N.J. My stay brought back fond memories of visiting my fraternal twin brother, Robert MacFarlane, who graduated from Princeton University (A.B. Hons.) in political economy, June 1977.

With my colleague, David, we enjoyed our stay at Inn at Glencairn. The heritage atmosphere was wonderful, our room had all the amenities. The warmth and friendly greeting made us feel that we were home. Your breakfast was delicious, especially the "smoothie", a flavourful breakfast beverage. We could also bring our own wine to nearby Lawrenceville for dinner and wine was also available at the Inn.

We met some very interesting fellow guests as well and this also added to our vacation enjoyment, something you probably would not experience at a large hotel. I wish that we had more time to stay at the Inn at Glencairn. I would highly recommend it as a beautiful place to stay.

Richard MacFarlane
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hanlan Boat Club (rowing)

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank VeteranOarsman
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed June 27, 2006

Rarely do I take the time to write a review, but a recent trip to Princeton and specifically, the Inn at Glencairn certainly warrants it! Everything was lovely from beginning to end. The Inn itself is a beautiful historic structure which is bathed in warm, peaceful tones. If you are travelling on business or for pleasure I recommend planning to spend at least a little time just enjoying the Inn - whether reading a newspaper in the parlor or snacking on wine and cheese in the afternoon. I really enjoyed just soaking in the atmosphere. My room was lovely and inviting - nice touchs such as fresh flowers and fresh robes complimented modern conveniences (flat screen televisions and wireless internet access). The breakfast was wonderful - served on china in the dining room - complete with smoothie, fresh fruit and "stuffed french toast" the day I was there. Filling and delicious. The Innkeeper, Bob, was very helpful and truly a gentleman. I can't say enough nice things, but if you need to stay in Princeton I would highly recommend staying at the Inn at Glencairn.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Massachusetts
Reviewed June 25, 2006

The Inn at Gelncairn unexpectedly turned our weekend in Princeton into a romantic getaway! This lovely place combines all the best aspects of a B&B and an inn. As you would expect at an excellent B&B, the breakfast was delicious, and wine, other beverages, freshly baked cookies, and crackers and cheese were available at any time for snacking. Unlike most B&B's, though, this inn had lots of privacy in public spaces as well as nicely decorated rooms with quality furniture, high threadcount sheets, Frette bathrobes, and decent bath products. I felt very much at home and pampered at the same time. This is the best B&B I've ever stayed in and the equal of the high quality inns I usually choose for weekend getaways. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: June 2006