“Hot Chocolate!!”
Review of The Bent Spoon

The Bent Spoon
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Princeton
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Small Batch, Crafted Ice Cream & Sorbet From Scratch Using Seasonal, Local & Organic Ingredients.
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Had a reg and jalapeño hot chocolate. Very rich, very well made. First time there for a quick mid afternoon pick-me-up. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Luckily, plenty of employees scooping deliciousness on a Saturday night, made the line short for this Garden State locally sourced, organic treats: this time tried Blueberry Marscapone, Sour Cream and Butter Pecan....need I say more?

Reviewed April 16, 2014

A colleague recommended the Bent Spoon. I went there late afternoon after a long flight - excellent ice cream, some unusual flavours and pretty well priced. I didn't eat dinner, this kept me going!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I sort of laughed when I saw that an ice cream place was listed as the number 1 restaurant in Princeton on Trip Advisor, so of course I had to go. And maybe I shouldn't have been surprised, but it was the best ice cream I've ever had. Handmade on premises, interesting flavors and a small cup let's you try two flavors (I had Earl Grey Dark Chocolate and Lavender Mascarpone and my husband had Cashew and Coconut, all were amazing). It's a little crowded and can be hard to find a seat, and unfortunately they only take cash, but all of that is worth putting up with for the amazing ice cream. If you're in Princeton, you need to eat ice cream here.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

For a special treat, we will occasionally go to The Bent Spoon in downtown Princeton for their delicious ice creams and sorbets. This winter, we decided to try their hot chocolate to warm up on the frigid, snowy days. Our eyes lit up with the first sip: Bent Spoon's hot chocolate was undoubtedly the best hot chocolate we had both ever tasted - thick, rich, creamy and not too sweet. This is by no means "Swiss Miss" or any pre packaged hot chocolate mix from a jar. We both had it topped with real whipped cream which only added to the decadence although one could have ordered it instead with house made marshmallows. Although we had the "classic" hot chocolate, The Bent Spoon also serves a few other varieties, including one flavored with hot pepper which we didn't try. We enjoyed this hot chocolate so much that we went back again the following week for more! Since it's so rich, I couldn't finish the whole cup and placed mine in the refrigerator to save for the next day. Rather than re-heating it, I ate it with a spoon directly from the cup, and it tasted like a delicious pudding. Bravo to the Bent Spoon for their continued excellence!