“Ick... Overpriced and mediocre. Only out-of-towners eat here.”
Review of The Ferry House - CLOSED

The Ferry House
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

They were still doing over-designed, architectural food in the mid-2000s, five years after everyone else stopped. They're still doing it. Enough said.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Horrible food. The filet mignon was first well done when I asked for medium then I got a fatty grizzly piece of crap. The rest of the meal was below average. Can't believe they can stay in business in Princeton. Will never go back again.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We came to the Ferry House on a Sunday evening with friends to celebrate a happy occasion. There were few diners at the restaurant at that time. I enjoyed the wild mushroom risotto appetizer and a salmon entree. The portobello bisque was less enjoyable, mostly due to the fried leeks that were dry and fibrous. The positive impression made by the food, however, was far outweighed by service that was surprisingly intrusive and rushed. The waiter interrupted conversations, the interval between courses was too short and the waitstaff attempted on repeated occasions to clear plates before we had finished eating. This significantly reduced my enjoyment of the dining experience. I observed similar service issues at the next table. Despite the enjoyable food, I don't think that I will be back.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The restaurant is a shadow of the place we knew sometime back. The wait staff is unprofessional for an establishment with this pricing of dishes. We brought 2 different white wines for our large group and we needed to prevent them from mixing the one with the other without asking the guest. The staff was giddy and behaved in a too familiar way with us. This was very different from the staff from 2-3 years ago.

The meal was hit or miss. Rolls were similar to potato rolls found at the grocer. The meals were very good (fish courses) or average (poultry). We were saddened that the Ferry House was not to the level it was when we enjoyed it over the years.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I used to come here almost every week several years ago, but after starting it was not the case anymore. Also, when I went there may be two years ago there were different people and the food seems different too. So it was a great surprise recently when we went there with the friends - a lot of old staff back, food was out of this world and service second to none.
We are going back tonight!