“One of the Stars or the local area”

The Alchemist & Barrister Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 207 Restaurants in Princeton
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Alchemist & Barrister, one of the prides of Princeton, NJ. Enjoy our excellent selection of beer and cocktails. Our menu features American dishes with a little international flair. Stay for drinks and dinner and enjoy your dining experience at The Alchemist & Barrister.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Right on Witherspoon Street less that a block down from Nassau on the left you will find The Alchemist and Barrister. The entrance is actually is actually down the tight ally that connects Nassau Inn with Witherspoon Street. The food is better than most. You can make reservations and i would encourage seating in closer to what would be the old entrance instead of the patio area that has been added last.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have found that this is one of the most consistence restaurants in Princeton .Unlike other city restaurants which tend to be over priced for the quality delivered the Alchemist has good selections at reasonable prices. The beer selections are excellent as is the service.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have eaten here perhaps 8 times in the many years it has been opened. Good central location and menu to appeal to all. Food was a little above average and service the same. Pretty good value for price.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The first time I ate here, just a few months prior, my meal was very good. The second time, we took my in-laws, the food was actually rather awful. I'm not sure if it had to do with the dishes that we ordered or a change in staff. The bar area is nice (especially in the summer) and I would definitely recommend stopping here for drinks with friends.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Appetizers were great. Had nachos & calamari very yummy and unique. Daughter had steak and thought it was great. Others had burgers also enjoyed. I had caesar salad with grilled chicken which I did not enjoy, Chicken very dry, mostly iceberg lettuce. Luckily, I was full from appetizers. We were seated in dining room which was very noisy considering it was not even full, like an echo chamber.