“A little above average.”

The Alchemist & Barrister Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 200 Restaurants in Princeton
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Alchemist & Barrister, one of the prides of Princeton, NJ. Enjoy our excellent selection of beer and cocktails. Our menu features American dishes with a little international flair. Stay for drinks and dinner and enjoy your dining experience at The Alchemist & Barrister.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have eaten here perhaps 8 times in the many years it has been opened. Good central location and menu to appeal to all. Food was a little above average and service the same. Pretty good value for price.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The first time I ate here, just a few months prior, my meal was very good. The second time, we took my in-laws, the food was actually rather awful. I'm not sure if it had to do with the dishes that we ordered or a change in staff. The bar area is nice (especially in the summer) and I would definitely recommend stopping here for drinks with friends.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Appetizers were great. Had nachos & calamari very yummy and unique. Daughter had steak and thought it was great. Others had burgers also enjoyed. I had caesar salad with grilled chicken which I did not enjoy, Chicken very dry, mostly iceberg lettuce. Luckily, I was full from appetizers. We were seated in dining room which was very noisy considering it was not even full, like an echo chamber.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great option if you are craving some English pub food or hearty American fare. I love the new quinoa salad with grilled protein and the skinny coconut cocktail!

I review other restaurants in Princeton and NYC in more detail on my blog:

www.foodiemarie.com

Thank Karen Marie-The... M
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a pub like atmosphere and found it here. We ate at the bar but they do have a great outdoor space for diners. We enjoyed reuben sandwiches and drinks. Think this becomes a college hangout later in the night. We ate around 8pm and it was starting to get loud by the time we left.