“Homey place with the freshest sushi in Princeton”

Soonja's Cafe with Sushi
Ranked #72 of 195 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Princeton, New Jersey
“Homey place with the freshest sushi in Princeton”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My fiancee and I love Soonja. We've tried all of the other sushi joints in town and while there are some other good ones, Soonja is our go-to. It's never very full, so you are seated quickly and can actually have a conversation. The atmosphere makes it feel like you are eating in someone's home - warm and intimate. Staff is friendly and attentive. We usually go for sushi mainly, but also end up getting noodle appetizers. Everything is delicious and the fish is the freshest we've found. Prices are reasonable, and the fact that you can bring your own sake or wine helps too!

My only suggestion would be to add to the special rolls - we've been here so much we've had them all multiple times!

• Visited October 2012

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Amazing Sushi place”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've been eating there more than ten times and I was always impressed by the quality of the sushi.
It is cook on demand by the chef in the open kitchen and the service is very friendly.
As said before, not very crowded but don't worry!

Sushi deluxe and sashimi deluxe are amazing and worth the money!
Didn't really like the tempura though :s
A lot of dishes to try, be sure to plan to come many times ;)

• Visited January 2013
Vada, Italy
“Good coconut curry”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've recently been at Soonja's restaurant with a bunch of friends of mine. The place is not very crowded, and when we came in I was really surprised by the silence of the restaurant. I had a coconut curry with chicken, and it was pretty good. In general, the other plates were very tasty, and also the presentation was pretty nice. The price is also reasonable ($20 for a main course). This is a place I would definitely like to come back to try other dishes.

• Visited August 2012
Princeton, NJ
“Best spicy crunchy tuna roll ever!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We have frequented this place for almost 15 years and it still is one of the best sushi places in Princeton (our favorite is Ajihei). The spicy crunchy tuna roll cannot be beat. If you want something different from straight sushi, the Hai Dop Bop is to die for, sashimi over a rice salad with lots of additional flavors. The rolls are great. The restaurant was getting a little run down but they finally redecorated and now the ambiance fits the food. With all the mediocre sushi places in Princeton, this is a place we want to keep. You gotta go!

• Visited April 2012
Lindon, Utah
“Best hot & sour soup ever”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My son and I enjoyed a wonderful meal here. He had a noodle dish, and I the bulgogi served bento-box style. The hot & sour soup was the best I've ever had. Service was excellent, and portions were generous. We will definitely return.

• Visited August 2011