“Find another place to stay”

Hampton Inn Princeton
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Princeton, United States
“Find another place to stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Internet didn't work, no hot water in shower, and room not cleaned well from previous guest. I found a ladies sandal in my room....not to mention other "stuff" on the floor when showing the manager where I found the sandal. Staff friendly but if clean and working is important, go somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

3 Thank Kenneth L. T
Scott F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Princeton, responded to this review, November 26, 2015
Kenneth, although this is a belated response, I wanted to "drop in" to any reviews over the past few years where guests were anything less than COMPLETELY SATISFIED!

Our proven track record of achieving and maintaining the #1 rating of ANY hotel of ANY brand in Princeton only comes by consistent observance of guest feedback that makes our service improve each and every day. Hopefully, by now, we have seen you many more times and you have experienced the more typical excellent service that we strive to provide to every guest on every stay.

Scott Fisher, CHA
Hampton by Hilton - Princeton
Scott.Fisher2@Hilton.com
609-951-0066

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Randallstown, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Was in town for a 1 night business trip. Hotel was very nice and clean. The free breakfast and dinner was a definite plus. The rooms were very large and the bed was very soft. Only wish the Hotel location was closer to shopping and resturants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel was just fine by the standards of Hampton Inn. It needs some work. If you've ever stayed at a Hampton Inn, this one is average at its best. Nothing special.

Wearing white socks while in the room, I found that the carpets needed a major cleaning! Yuck. Other than that, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, the bathroom fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back parking lot - less road noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bearina
Orange County, California
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I can't say anything bad about this hotel. Breakfast was good, the free dinners were certainly very generous, the room was clean. But even after all that, there was nothing special about this hotel. Just felt regular. The room was just ok. Everything about it was just ok.
Maybe it's just me, but I was hoping the rooms would be a little nicer. A slight upgrade to the bathroom wouldn't hurt. Maybe a more comfortable bed, or nicer bedding.
Again, I can't say anything bad. It was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron K
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This Hampton Inn is a good representative of the chain, but not the best I have ever stayed in. I was conflicted with the rating, as there are things that they get right but there are things that need attention. First, my husband called to say that our daughter and son-in-law would be staying there too and could we be on the same hall. They said to call the day of check in as that is the day room assignments are made. He did and was told that they would take care of it. We checked in and asked if they had arrived. They had not. I asked if they were assigned a room on the same hall. We were on the second floor and they were assigned the third floor. Really???? Why did my husband call??? The guy that checked us in said he would change it. We ended up with adjoining rooms, which was nice. The rooms were nice and very clean, except there was lipstick on the sheers on the window. I found a few things like the caulking in the bathroom had a couple of spots that needed attention. The walls might need a coat of paint again...........normal wear and tear with a popular hotel.
Breakfast was just okay......pretty standard, but the muffins and pastries tasted a day old. Coffee was okay.
Now for the frustration, we did an advanced purchase well in advance. After we got home we found they charged us again at a higher price on our credit card. They credited it and then charged us again. Really??? Well, after three phone calls, it was all resolved. They were very nice and readily admitted they made a mistake, but that was ridiculous. My daughter and son-in-law did the same advance purchase and the young lady that checked them in handled it properly.
Would I stay here again? Yes. The location is great for us when visiting family. I know this review might sound focused on the negative but really it was a nice place to hang your hat and feel comfortable.

1 Thank Linda B
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Other than the fact that this Hampton scored tops among hotels in Princeton, I think I was swayed by the Massage Luxe offer. Unfortunately, nobody - from the two staff that attended to me at the front desk, to the lady I called @ the Massage Luxe - seemed to know what I was talking about. I wonder why this location should advertise a product they do not offer.

Also, my room faced a car park directly and the style of drapes they used did not help matters. When I complained, the front-desk lady said the class of room I booked where all downstairs and same type. Cheeky. I won't also bother complain about their non-flexibility when my travel plans needed some adjustments, since that was my fault.

Ok, I'm off to another Hampton and hope to get a better treatment. I won't score this on-road location more than a two. Maybe a three.

Room Tip: So close to the road, so go for back rooms. And the second floor will def be better than thr ground...
2 Thank AmobiO
I apologize for the oversight on the Massage Luxe package. When I was newly at this hotel, no one seemed to be aware of an obscure package deal that had been put together a while back (and never selected by our guests). Upon your experience, I removed that package so guests would ALWAYS get what they expected.

Rest assured that there are no "Package Deals" in our system for guest arrivals currently.

Scott Fisher, CHA
Hampton by Hilton - Princeton
Scott.Fisher2@Hilton.com
609-951-0066
Hanover, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton was wonderful! The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and attractive. We appreciated access to a washer/dryer. There were many amenities that we didn't even realize such as a van to take you around town. We will definitely stay here again.