“Comfortable Rooms, Good Value”

Hampton Inn Princeton
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Comfortable Rooms, Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We received a warm welcome from the Front Desk Agent upon our arrival. She confirmed my request for a "quiet room" had been taken care of-- without my having to ask her. This was a nice start to our stay. The lobby and common areas were very clean, bright and well-maintained. Upon entering our room, it was very clean and fresh smelling. The first thing that caught my eye, however, was the terrible state of the carpet. There was a trail of stains from the center of the room all the way to the vanity. I understand that the hotel is in the process of replacing the carpet throughout the guest rooms... so I can let this slide. Aside from the stained carpet, the room was well-maintained and housekeeping did a very nice job. All surfaces and fixtures were clean. A mini-fridge and a microwave in the room were a nice surprise! The king bed was very comfortable. I had requested a room toward the back of the hotel (overlooking the pool) to escape the traffic noise from the very busy street. I rested well on the first night. However, on the second night we were awakened around 2 AM by a loud group of guys congregating around the fire pit (poolside). I can't fault the hotel for this, but I would suggest perhaps a night security guard to prevent such disturbances. Breakfast was well-stocked, quiet and orderly. The breakfast area is very comfortable-- a good place to start the day. We had a very nice stay, and would not hesitate to stay here again.

PROS: Free in-room Wi-Fi, nice complimentary breakfast, comfortable king bed, mini-fridge & microwave in-room, good variety of cable channels.

CONS: Located off a very busy street

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, definitely request a room at the back of the hotel (away from the str...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CincyFlier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were in town for a wedding some stayed here for one night. Great stay! A great cozy room and friendly staff. The hotel had a great lobby with a lot of things you couldnpurchase ifnyou were hungry or forgot something. We didn't take advantage of this but it was nice it was there. We had a noe telling us our sheets and duvet cover were clean which was interesting. I would hope they are always clean. Good breakfast in the morning. It was a good stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was staying for 2 weeks visiting the area for business and was greatly surprised by this property (in a positive way): being low end of Hilton chain, Hampton usually offered good service with free internet, that's it. This property provided 2 types of free internet including free ATT hotspot (worked best for my wireless ATT devices) and different breakfast options every other day and -!- full-blown dinner with -!- wine and beer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Hampton Inn is just outside Princeton and is an ideal place to stay; the hotel is not just convenient but extremely comfortable with huge king sized beds, free wifi and plentiful buffet breakfasts. There are free early evening meals Monday to Thursday. The hotel has a small gym and a useful laundry room for guests. The staff are friendly and helpful. We have stayed there twice now, each time for several days, and will definitely stay there again when next visiting our son at university.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I came down to Princeton to take a professional board examination. I decided to stay at a hotel to be closer to the testing center so I could get a good nights sleep prior to the exam without having to drive 2 hours in the am. I booked this room months in advance. I stayed in the room directly next to the loby and was kept up the entire night by either the traffic noise ( which obviously the hotel cannot control) or people screaming and shouting and the tv blaring in the lobby. I am now completely exhausted to take a test that I have preparing for months. I should have truly known better.

• Stayed September 2012
Tony M, Manager at Hampton Inn Princeton, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Greetings From Princeton!

Thank you for selecting Hampton Inn Princeton for your visit. We apologize that your experience was not at the highest with regards to the traffic and of course your room location just off the main lobby. It is our 100% goal to make certain we uphold the highest standards with regards to service and quality. Please let me know when you may possibly return so I have the opportunity to deliver you a better first impression. Again, my apologies for this inconvenience.
pacific palisades, ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have stayed at the Princeton Hampton Inn on two separate occasions and were pleased with the hotel. We booked here again this year and were surprised that the quality of the hotel rooms had deteriorated. The carpets are worn, stained and very dirty (I would not even walk barefoot in my room). The bathroom had mold and rust around the bathtub. I brought this to the manager's attention and she assisted us with a room change. Only after SEVERAL rooms did we finally find a room without stained-dirty carpet. The Manager said the hotel is in the process of updating the carpets but, unfortunately they have let carpets deteriorate beyond a serviceable condition. The common areas are clean and all the staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is acceptable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tony M, Manager at Hampton Inn Princeton, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Greetings From Princeton!

Thank you for selecting Hampton Inn Princeton for your recent visit. We are disappointed that your visit was not up to our typical high standards of doing business. I agree that some of our carpeting is worn and needs improvement. We just re-carpeted 75% of the hotel as of July 2012 and the remaining room carpeting was ordered and will be installed by October 15, 2012. I do apologize that you received one of our rooms with the older style carpeting. I would like to make this up to you upon your next visit to Princeton. Please contact me personally so I can have the chance to make a better first impression. Your comments and concerns were heard and are being acted upon as a high priority. Thanks again for visiting us and we hope to have you back soon.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Hampton Inn has been rated well by many others. Some trade offs though - have earplugs as the AC is noisy. The property can be hard to find. It's across from the Miele building on Hwy 1. The staff though is fantastic. Some of the best customer orientation I have experienced. Well done!

• Stayed September 2012
Greetings from new Jersey!

Thank you for selecting Hampton Inn Princeton! Your comments are very much appreciated and please know that we replaced the unit in your recent room with a brand new quiet unit as of today. Thank you for your kind words regarding the high service levels you received. That will be shared with the team as we use Trip Advisor all the time for training our staff to be the best. Please give us the opportunity to serve you again and thank you for taking valuable time from your day to let us know. Have a great day!