Hampton Inn Princeton
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Hampton Inn is just outside Princeton and is an ideal place to stay; the hotel is not just convenient but extremely comfortable with huge king sized beds, free wifi and plentiful buffet breakfasts. There are free early evening meals Monday to Thursday. The hotel has a small gym and a useful laundry room for guests. The staff are friendly and helpful. We have stayed there twice now, each time for several days, and will definitely stay there again when next visiting our son at university.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I came down to Princeton to take a professional board examination. I decided to stay at a hotel to be closer to the testing center so I could get a good nights sleep prior to the exam without having to drive 2 hours in the am. I booked this room months in advance. I stayed in the room directly next to the loby and was kept up the entire night by either the traffic noise ( which obviously the hotel cannot control) or people screaming and shouting and the tv blaring in the lobby. I am now completely exhausted to take a test that I have preparing for months. I should have truly known better.

• Stayed: September 2012
Tony M, Manager at Hampton Inn Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Greetings From Princeton!

Thank you for selecting Hampton Inn Princeton for your visit. We apologize that your experience was not at the highest with regards to the traffic and of course your room location just off the main lobby. It is our 100% goal to make certain we uphold the highest standards with regards to service and quality. Please let me know when you may possibly return so I have the opportunity to deliver you a better first impression. Again, my apologies for this inconvenience.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have stayed at the Princeton Hampton Inn on two separate occasions and were pleased with the hotel. We booked here again this year and were surprised that the quality of the hotel rooms had deteriorated. The carpets are worn, stained and very dirty (I would not even walk barefoot in my room). The bathroom had mold and rust around the bathtub. I brought this to the manager's attention and she assisted us with a room change. Only after SEVERAL rooms did we finally find a room without stained-dirty carpet. The Manager said the hotel is in the process of updating the carpets but, unfortunately they have let carpets deteriorate beyond a serviceable condition. The common areas are clean and all the staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Tony M, Manager at Hampton Inn Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Greetings From Princeton!

Thank you for selecting Hampton Inn Princeton for your recent visit. We are disappointed that your visit was not up to our typical high standards of doing business. I agree that some of our carpeting is worn and needs improvement. We just re-carpeted 75% of the hotel as of July 2012 and the remaining room carpeting was ordered and will be installed by October 15, 2012. I do apologize that you received one of our rooms with the older style carpeting. I would like to make this up to you upon your next visit to Princeton. Please contact me personally so I can have the chance to make a better first impression. Your comments and concerns were heard and are being acted upon as a high priority. Thanks again for visiting us and we hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Hampton Inn has been rated well by many others. Some trade offs though - have earplugs as the AC is noisy. The property can be hard to find. It's across from the Miele building on Hwy 1. The staff though is fantastic. Some of the best customer orientation I have experienced. Well done!

• Stayed: September 2012

Greetings from new Jersey!

Thank you for selecting Hampton Inn Princeton! Your comments are very much appreciated and please know that we replaced the unit in your recent room with a brand new quiet unit as of today. Thank you for your kind words regarding the high service levels you received. That will be shared with the team as we use Trip Advisor all the time for training our staff to be the best. Please give us the opportunity to serve you again and thank you for taking valuable time from your day to let us know. Have a great day!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The management and staff are very helpful and friendly, and our room was quite comfortable and clean. There was a nice breakfast and even a complimentary dinner the evening we arrived. We would definitely stay again if we are in the area!

1  Thank susiequebec
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great helpful staff and very attentive management. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Ample free parking. Included breakfast with good selection of eggs, bacon, muffins, cereal, waffle machine, juice. 24hr coffee and tea. I had some parcels mailed to the hotel prior to our arrival and hotel kindly received and stored them for our arrival - what a fantastic help that was.
We shall definitely stay here again when visiting Princeton.

3  Thank Katytraveller
Tony M, Manager at Hampton Inn Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Greetings From Princeton!

Thank you for taking your personal time to share your experiences with the world of travelers. We are happy you enjoyed visit and we are happy your parcels were safe and stored upon your arrival. Next time you visit Princeton, we hope that we are the first choice. Thanks again and enjoy the Fall season.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you're looking for good value in Princeton, this is it! The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast doesn't cut corners (I really enjoyed the omelettes). The staff are friendly and always helpful. And the hotel shuttle is like having your own private chauffeur. My only complaints about this hotel are things the hotel can do little about. If you like running, the location is bad, as the hotel is situated on a major highway and there are no sidewalks. I found a nearby side street, but that also had no sidewalks. Also I was put at the front of the hotel and one evening there was roadwork that began at midnight. It sounded like the jackhammer was in my room. Ask for a room in the back if you're staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Warm Greetings from Princeton!

Thank you for selecting Hampton Inn Princeton. We are happy you enjoyed our "On The House" complimentary breakfast. This Hampton favorite adds great value and features a great variety. I do understand there was construction at midnight, which is a bit strange and I do apologize that you had to experience this. For the most part, all of our rooms are quiet and comfortable. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and thank you for selecting Hampton Inn Princeton. We look forward to your returned visit.