“Week stay”

Chauncey Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean, safe and close to Princeton University. Easy to use and staff friendly. Tullio was great and took time to discuss local restaurants and sights of interest. Best value for the money in the area especially a better value than Route 1 hotels.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a great time at the Chauncey Conference Center while visiting Princeton, NJ. The room was very comfortable. We had a balcony overlooking a courtyard which overlooked the lake with a view of the fountain. It was nice to sit outside in the late afternoon. We took advantage of the hiking trails. The dining facilities were nice. We usually had yogurt and fruit for breakfast. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. The center is located in the midst of the ETS complex: Educational Testing Service. As a result, many of the people we saw were professionals involved in seminars of one kind or another, a step up from folks partying at all hours of the night and keeping their neighbors awake. There is a shuttle to take you to town if you desire. The beds were very comfortable. The air conditioning system worked well and was not noisy. The staff helped out with suggestions and info. There were many computers and printers available to use. The price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: We got a room with a balcony overlooking the lake. It was peaceful and did not overlook the parking...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a beautiful, peaceful hotel in the middle of the ETS corporate campus. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle, this is your place. Runners and hikers - there are some really nice trails near here and through the campus.

I had a room that appeared to have been just renovated and was really quite beautiful. It would be nice, particularly with this hotel's isolation, if the room had a minibar. Also, the assistant manager who checked me in was charming and helpful but the woman who was managing that evening was brusque and rude. Maybe she didn't like the fact that I was a Priceline customer. Who knows.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for one weekday night. It's located in an isolated spot in a residential area, away from the restaurants and traffic of downtown Princeton. The property around the hotel was under construction but it looked like it'd be nice to walk the grounds.

My room was large by any standard with a typical hotel bathroom. The cathedral ceiling made it feel even bigger. The king-sized bed was comfortable but only about a foot off the floor (which felt odd to me). There was no one to help with luggage and the only elevator I saw was the service elevator.

For $80 on Priceline, I guess it was OK. It's really just an odd old hotel. Would I stay there again? Maybe, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is located on the ETS grounds. GoogleMaps does have it on their map - so you can GPS it that way. There is no physical address to the hotel, but for all intent and purposes - you can use the address 670 Rosedale Rd, Princeton, NJ 08540 - while traveling down Rosedale Rd toward Carter Rd - it is a turn on the right before the junction with Carter Rd. The parking area is not a step away from the hotel, so you should first unload your luggage and then park the car. Upon entering - there is a certain smell when one enters the hotel. That smell I associate with old age hotels. The rooms themselves are very nice and have a modern/fashionable charm to them. However, the hallways give away the actual age of the establishment. The hotel has not been updated for some time. We did not make use of other amenities - so cannot comment on them. The room had water bottles inside - Fuji at $5 a bottle. The bed was not very comfortable. The sheets were clean, but felt heavy and unsettling on one's body. The bathroom was clean, it was stocked with shampoo, conditioner, etc.. The bathroom also had a generic Keurig coffee machine, however the coffee itself was sub-par. There was no fridge in the room, ergo keeping items like champagne and strawberries difficult. Our room had a balcony in it, which gave a very nice view of the campus grounds and their four fountains. There were two chairs on the balcony - but they looked uncomfortable - so we did not sit on them. The hotel staff was a mix of really nice and coarse. The room cost was roughly $140, which I believe to have been a bit much for the room. The price should be somewhere in the $100-$110 a night. The best thing about the hotel was the distance to Princenton University - about a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank krnbbkrn
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I just stayed at the chauncey conference center and had a horrible bed they gave me a murphy bed to sleep on and i was sleeping right on the floor. The rooms were noisy since the building is made of wood and the halls all creeked , the rooms were cold and when I turned the heat on it felt like I was in a wind tunnel. When I got back home I noticed they charged me 200.00 on my credit card for miss items what items I got nothing I called them and they told me it would take several days for the charge to be removed. I spoke to them 3 times and it was like talking to the wall I will never stay there again or neither should you. I spent one nite at the Hyatt and that was first class for the same money.

Room Tip: Dont go to this hotel
1  Thank Joe C
sarabli, General Manager at Chauncey Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Joe C:

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your most recent stay. Your feedback on what needs to improve are also very important to us. We are continuously working to provide excellent service and updates to our hotel. We have notified the appropriate staff to address the issues noted. We invite you to come back and see us again to experience what Chauncey is truly recognized for.

Sara Blivaiss

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here night number one of six day tour of the Ivy League schools. Although property is under renovation very nice grounds. Upon check in at 3:00 pm I was greeted with excellent service. Services were explained with great detail. Dinner and breakfast are offered for an additional charge. We were anxious to get to Princeton University so we had our meals in town. Everything, including the grounds,was clean even with construction. Very quiet stay. Slept well. A Coffee maker was in the room. The bathroom was small but had all that we needed. Excellent value for what I paid less than $90. Will definitely consider this property on our next trip to Princeton.

Room Tip: Go with a second floor room if possible. View are better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
DormanPrincetonNJ, Guest Relations Manager at Chauncey Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear MaTaylor,

I want to thank you for your kind words and I am so happy that your stay was enjoyable. If in the future you will need reqirements to visit Princeton or the University please feel free to reah out to us and we will make sure that your request are met. Also if you would like to know what is happening at our property please like us on Facebook. We post several specials monthly for our property. We look forward to your possible return!!

Paul Lawton