Residence Inn Princeton at Carnegie Center
Nassau Inn(Princeton)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsbedroom suitemovie theaterpool waterconvenient locationcomfortable staymarket fairson's graduationbreakfast each morningoff routeheating unitwithin mileshotel is locatedfull kitchenhot tubpool areacollege tourbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2009

I stayed here two nights during a business trip, and everything was fine. I booked a "studio" and I was impressed by the size of the room. It came with a living room area, a full kitchen, a little dining table, and an office desk. The bed and linens were comfortable, and everything was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel runs a shuttle on weekdays during the day to take you anywhere within a 5 miles radius. It was very close to the Princeton Junction train station. There is also a little swimming pool, a workout room, and a nice spacious lounge. The wireless in the room works, but not fast. My only complaint is that it is not very close to the center of the town (Princeton) unless you have a car.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Stayed here the week between Christmas and New years while we visited family. Stayed in a one bedroom suite with our two kids. I would stay here again. Its located across the parking lot from the Market place Shopping center. So you can walk to about 6 restaurants, movies, a large book shop with cafe and shopping. The hotel was clean, had a good selection of breakfast foods both hot and cold, and a friendly staff. I wish there was more whole grain bread/roll options. One employee almost dropped the ball when I asked that my children's bed be made up (pull out couch). He responded with, "Housekeeping has left for the day, your sheets should be in the closet of the room." His manager quickly jumped in and said, " That's not a problem, I'll take care of it myself. When you get back from dinner it wil be made up." Having just done a transatlantic flight that was the answer I wanted to hear.
There was a small pool, gym, selection of board games, videos, and evening snacks. The staff made an effort to ask how your stay was going.

A deisgn flaw in this style unit that I dislike is the heating unit is in a closet in the bedroom. I find it to be very LOUD. When the bedroom door is closed, even though there is a vent in the family room the heat(or A/c) tends to get trapped in the bedroom area, so sleep with the door cracked between the 2 rooms or its stuffy.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We went away for a long weekend, and booked our vacation to Sesame Place through the Sesame Place website. We chose this hotel bc I knew my 3 yr old wouldn't sleep if we were all in the same room. Getting a 2 bedroom suite offered us more room for all of us, and a kitchen in case she was exhausted and we needed to eat in.

The first night there (Thursday), my daughter came down w/ a 24 hour virus. She woke up at 10pm throwing up everywhere, and this continued through the morning. The hotel was so accomodating, providing us w/ new linens immediately, and asking if there was anything at all they could do.

The next morning they were doing fire alarm testing JUST as she was finally getting some sleep. When I went down to the front desk to ask what (if anything) they could do about it (and explained my situation), they were very understanding, and while they couldnt stop the testing d/t fire code, they went through hoops to make sure we were satisfied. Definitely above and beyond. They made sure they sent up housekeeping in the afternoon (vs the morning when they usually come) b/c they knew my daughter was sick and resting all morning.

Thank God it only lasted 24 hours, but this hotel consistently went aove and beyond to make sure we were all as comfortable and happy as possible. I appreciated that more than I could put into words.

Also, having restaurants like PF Changs, On the Border, Macaroni Grille all w/in walking distance (yes, even my 3 yr old walked, its that close) was so nice. Sesame Place was about 20 minutes away, not a bad drive at all. And the free breakfast at this hotel is awesome - waffles, pancakes, eggs, bagels, etc.. All included.

Its the little things that seperate the "okay" hotels from the great ones, and this hotel had all of them. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank meaghan879
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Have stayed at this hotel several times during my trips to the US. Overall a nice hotel with clean rooms and good location right on Route 1 next to malls and restaurants. It is possible to walk to several restaurants from this hotel, which is often not the case in the US. Malls and departmental stores are less than a 5-minute drive away.

• Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed January 23, 2008

I have stayed in many Residence Inn's, and they usually have a small fridge, and maybe a microwave. My suite at this hotel had an entire kitchen including full size fridge/freezer, full size microwave, stove, dishwasher, kitchen sink, and a full stock of silverwear/bowls/plates.

The room was very clean and the toiletries were fully stocked. I was beginning to think there was a shortage on hotel size conditioner bottles as the last TWO hotels I stayed at were completely out. But there it was...a miniature conditioner bottle waiting for me in the bathroom.

The wireless internet worked perfectly both in my room and in the lobby.

There are several restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel.

The service was very good, they even called my room to make sure everything was alright and that I did not need anything.

My only complaint was the "free breakfast." Like I said, I have stayed in several Residence Inn's and this was the worst breakfast I have seen. The one in New York has the norm plus freshly made pancakes and waffles. The Princeton Residence Inn barely had anything. A few bagels (although no plain bagels), stale english muffins, special K & froot loops, corn muffins, and some fruit. They had a waffle iron...but no waffle batter. I was down fairly early, 7:30...so I doubt that it's that all the good food was eaten. But other than the less the adequate breakfast, everything else about my stay was superb.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business