“Good lunch menu - food ok”
Review of EPS Corner

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
EPS Corner
Ranked #115 of 200 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This site used to be Ivy Garden and I think the older review complaints are for that long-gone establishment.
Had lunch with a colleague there this week and the food was ok. I had beef and broccoli which was tasty and my colleague had the General Tso's chicken, which was actually really good. The chicken was crispy and the sauce was tangy and sweet -- next time I go, I'd like to have that.

Food came out REALLY quick -- like, blink of an eye quick and the server and hostess were extremely nice. I would recommend a try for reasonable Chinese food.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We made reservations in advance for a party of 24 people! The food was delivered quickly and hot. Considering it was a tiny restaurant, I was impressed with the kitchen's ability to pump out the dishes fast and with quality. I even had to tell the waitress to pause the food for a few minutes because we couldn't eat everything quickly enough. Even though it was a busy Saturday night, they did it!!! The wait staff kept our water filled and responded to all our requests. Our party of 24 was happy with the service and the restaurant.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We went to the restaurant on a winter weekend evening and were surprised that there was not a single person in it. That should've been a warning for the kind of experience awaiting us. For the 2 hours we spent in the restaurant, not one other customer entered it. We had been to that place many times before (the first - more than 10 years ago), and it had never looked like that. We were already suspicious that something had gone wrong, but decided to stick to our choice for the night. So, we ordered the appetizers, and, seeing that the waitress had a hard time understanding English, repeated them several times, pointed to the exact item on the menu, and asked the waitress if she had understood what we wanted. She confirmed and we felt relieved that finally our order would be placed - after all, it was a simple order of several plates from the same item on the menu.

Unfortunately, we were proven wrong. After quite some time, the waitress arrived with a completely different order. It took a while for her to understand that there was a problem with the order, after which she and the waitress who had come to help with the translation, asked insistently if we would not like to replace our order with what had been mistakenly brought to us. When we said we had come to the place for what we had ordered and really wanted to have our own choice, the dishes were quickly taken away and the waiting began again. I guess a more reputable place would have left that food on the table as a sort of excuse for the incompetent service, but, instead, we were told that if we tasted the wrong order we would have to pay for it as well.

So, hungry, we waited, until the right order was brought to us. We decided not to spoil the night, and ordered a couple of main dishes as well. At least, we had the place for ourselves - not a single person ventured to enter the restaurant (now, we know there was a good reason for that). But the surprises were not over yet. When we were finished with the meals, our bill arrived, and even before we had looked at it in more detail, we noticed quite a large sum added after taxes and the total amount on the bill. We looked again and figured that this was about 20 % of the bill (slightly over). We were two adults (not any large company) and also knew that never before that restaurant had added the tip or service charge themselves. So, we inquired what that sum was. The experienced waitress (who had taken over the service) looked at us in surprise and said that "perhaps" that was their tip - unsure of what it indeed was and helpless to resolve the issue herself, she asked what we thought that was and what she should do. We suggested that she should take that sum away and leave us the option (especially, given the service we had received) to determine how much we wanted to tip her. She agreed, and soon came with a new check. Well, at least she had tried...- we could've not noticed a tip was included. Perhaps wrongly, we still left her a good tip, since we did not want to ruin our weekend night, but decided never to visit that place again - which is quite unfortunate, because this was a place we used to love when more than 10 years ago we first came to this area.

Reviewed June 15, 2010

We stopped there 1:30 pm on a hot Saturday to watch a World Cup Soccer match over a couple of pints. The place was almost empty, but they were planning for some type of evening event. This apparently excused them from serving beer of any type. When I opted for a glass of wine it was poured in a paper cup (!). I am 60+ and never drank wine from a paper cup and wasn't about to start, so I suggested there must be some glass in the house. At that point some other guy (seemed to be in charge) boomed at me: GO HOME! Hence, what I suggest to everyone else is: STAY AWAY!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 30, 2008

Good local bar....never had a meal though

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook