“Great lunch alternative to all the buffets”

Cross Culture Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 208 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cross Culture Restaurant, Great Place to go near Guyot Avenue NJ, Authentic Indian food near Princeton NJ, Buy Your Own Beer North Harrison Street New Jersey, finest and freshest ingredients, Off-Premises Catering Available, Eat-in and take out near Princeton Shopping Center NJ, Mixed Appetizer near Terhune Road NJ, Mulligatawny Soup, Malai Chicken Kabab Princeton
Reviewed July 18, 2014

It is easy to find an Indian restaurant in this area, but most are buffets for lunch with limited choices and the usual drawbacks of buffet food.

Cross Culture (in the Princeton Shopping Mall) served an "Executive lunch" with a similar price to the high end buffets so we decided to try it. There was a lot of food listed, so I was expecting one of those big plates with a little divider for this and that. Not so! Portions were close to dinner size. There was a salad (their excellent mint sauce went well with that and everything else) and a nice pakora appetizer. I try to avoid the fried stuff, but the little balls were wonderful and tasted freshly made. For the main course I had the shrimp narisi (5 large shrimp and half an egg) and hubby ordered the lamb korma (nice pieces of lamb) and we shared. The shrimp sauce was ok but not quite as thick as I like it, but the lamb sauce was quite good. There was also a large serving of dahl which is close to the best I have ever tasted.

Lunch also comes with naan (was fine - not burned but not the most flavorful) and a fairly plain rice. These went well with the sauces but were not a high point of the meal. There was so much food that we took a lot of it home and are looking forward to a leftover lunch.

Service was good - they took a while for the check but I think they didn't realize that we were done with all the food left on the table.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food. Some of the best chicken korma I have had. Not cheap, but that is not what they are going for.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Wow, I love Indian food and have a hard time finding a truly good restaurant. I can definitely say Cross Culture is a must for indian food lovers. The spinach ball appetizers were a perfect delight. The chicken tikka massala ( i know I spelled that wrong) was the best I ever had. The sauce was incredible and the chicken was all white meat. To top it off with a Mango lasso was the best. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We were driving through Princeton today on our way to PA. Having seen lots of Indian restaurants by the side if Route 1, we decided to check Tripadvisor.

We were not disappointed by this restaurant. Lunch includes pakoras, naan, daal side order, a salad and rice. Hard to beat for between $10-13.

If the presence of many Indian-appearing diners is an indication, this restaurant is the genuine article.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

one of the best Indian Food restaurants in Jersey! Have been here for lunch and dinner, both times the experience and food have been amazing! During lunch, it gets crowded because of corporate offices near by..their special is $12, 1 Entree, rice and unlimitted Naan, can't beat that! The taste is great, I normally get spice level 10 and love it! If you're coming for lunch, try to get reservations early or try to get their early, as big groups love to come.