“Not bad - but an older property”

Sonesta ES Suites Princeton
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Marathon, NY
“Not bad - but an older property”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This is a hotel that will do. Not bad, but it needs some attention as it is showing its age. Clean, but needs freshening and paint. If you have allergies to room freshener be advised.

Front desk staff is pleasant and the breakfast was very nice. They gave me a huge 2 bdrm suite as a priority club member and that was wonderful. I wish I had family to share it with and it was poolside.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Weezy341

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
OHIO
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We have stayed at this location several times in the past. During this trip, we made the mistake of selecting Homewood Suites nearby, which was ill-prepared for the blackout during the NJ storms. We left HS and checked into Staybridge - where we should have been all along. The greeting from Irene at the front desk was warm and caring. We have dealt with Irene in past visits and she is a wonderful rep for the company. Our request for a later checkout was cheerfully granted. The two-bedroom suite was huge and well-appointed. We passed along our compliments to the Manager upon check-out and it is a pleasure to share the good reviews here. It is a cozy home away from home! We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jerseygirlOhio
Delhi
Reviewed January 17, 2010

The Staybridge Suites Hotel Princeton is an extended stay hotel, located along the Route 1 corridor in Princeton. Whether you are here for 2 nights, or a 2 month extended stay, you will feel more at home in our spacious suites…while still receiving the amenities & service you have come to expect when staying at a hotel.

On my business stay at this hotel for 3 months, it was like home. The facilities, staff, food, etc everything was just great and above the expectation. The rooms, cleaning etc is also up to the mark.

Also, you can get everything very nearby with all the malls and big shops like walmart, target, toysrus etc.

Do visit whenever u get chance.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
Reviewed December 26, 2009

we stayed 3 weeks. Great breakfast. Good dinner options. Big room with full kitchen and dvd player. Free laundry, internet, & newspapers including wall st. journal. You can even get your mailed forwarded there. Nice atmosphere. For the price it is hard to beat. We were very pleased.
Location is convenient to Princeton but on US1 at a busy intersection.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rockjett
New Jersey
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Stayed here for ten days while waiting for my furniture to follow me across country and was very comfortable and made to feel welcome and at home. Staff was wonderful---knew my name from the first time I walked in the door.
Suite was comfortable, if a bit worn and in need of a decor makeover. Kitchen was awesome--even had a dishwasher! Breakfasts were great, but the evening meal three times a week was pretty sad. Chef Boy-ar-dee need not fear the ravioli! Re the food---it's only a short walk to the new "On the Bone" restaurant at the Doubletree and it was great---reasonable prices and excellent food.
I was tickled to discover on check-in that there was a free shuttle, since I do not drive. Three different times while I was there they took me to my requested destination and were back at exactly the time I specified to pick me up, with courteous and friendly service. The maintenance man who was driving even took my shopping bags to my door.
I liked the outside entrance---felt more like living in an apartment than a hotel. Would definitely stay there again. And appreciated the computers available for guest use, since my desk top model was on the moving van.
I had requested a handicapped unit and was dismayed to discover that the bathroom had a tub rather than a shower and that the toilet was not raised as in most handicapped rooms. But when I requested a rubber mat for the tub, the head of housekeeping went out and bought a brand new one for me. Those thoughtful little touches do so much to make a place a winner.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
vinnyg32
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed here with our 4 year old daughter for 2 nights for our Sesame Place visit(about 20 minutes away). We were quite impressed with the room. We had 2 bedrooms, living room with a pull out sofa bed, kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Although we didn't spend much time in out room, our stay was quite pleasant. Everything is a little dated looking but very clean, for us it was great overall. Breakfast was included and served every morning. Breakfast was nothing spectacular but good and there was always plenty. With out a doubt we would stay here again. We were comfortable, felt safe and had no complaints.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank vinnyg32
USA
Reviewed September 1, 2009

This Staybridge is terrible and we will NEVER stay there again. The front desk staff was extremely RUDE, unhelpful, incompetent, and discourteous. Rudest of all at the front desk was this short Asian (perhaps Filipino) woman and a man that may have been Filipino or Mexican. The room we stayed in had not been thoroughly cleaned for quite some time; there was a noticeable build-up of crud around the kitchen faucet as well as the bathroom sink faucet. The kitchen sink was dirty from previous guests and the dishwashing liquid was just about half empty from the previous guests. There was rust around the handles inside the tub. The floor in the bathroom was sticky. The beds and pillows were not comfortable. There was animal feces on the side-walk leading to the rooms that remained for the three days we were there. The scrambled eggs they had on the breakfast buffet tasted like they were day old eggs that had been reheated. This property needs new management and new front desk staff that actually cares about the customers.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Princeton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswick - Princeton
Sonesta ES Suites South Brunswic...
#1 of 6 in Monmouth Junction
Princeton Marriott at Forrestal

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Princeton? Share your experiences!