“Clean, comfortable stay close to the University”

Sonesta ES Suites Princeton
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Clean, comfortable stay close to the University”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night in October 2013. The room (we expected a room, but later realized it is a full suite with two bedrooms and a kitchenette including a microwave) was clean and comfortable. It is easily accessible from route 1 and close to the University. This is not a luxury hotel, but for the price you pay, it is a good deal. Will go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear MPUAM, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next travels to the Princeton area. Make it a great day. Marcel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Kittanning, PA
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for the second time for Princeton freshmen parent's weekend. Once again, we were given a complimentary upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite (didn't even ask for it)! Once again, the suite was clean, comfy and roomy. Once again, breakfast was good and plentiful. We did have an issue with noise from our upstairs neighbors one morning - it sounded like they were playing soccer up there. I just happened to be in the lobby that evening when Irene asked how my room was and I mentioned the noise. She promptly picked up the phone, called our upstairs neighbors, and diplomatically asked them to keep the noise down. The next morning was much better! I was disappointed, however, to discover that the hot tub is down for renovations. I don't know if their website mentions this as I booked through Hotwire, but apparently it is going to be out of order for quite some time. I couldn't complain too much, though, as we got the place for $77 a night and every place else in the area was well over $100. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Beckybunny, Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our jacuzzi room is being renovated to become our new exercise room which will be completed in 2014. We hope to see you again on your next travels to the Princeton area. Make it a great day. Marcel
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Located on US1, ideal if you have things to do with princeton university or buisness in the area . 30 minutes from Six Flags great adventure and an hour and a half approx from NY JFK airport.
The complementary breakfast was excellentand, the staff were very friendly and helpfull.
The rooms were well laid out and included kitchen and living area.
A good selection of shopping malls and restaurants within 5 minutes and approx 45 minutes to Jersey Gardens shopping outlet
I didnt leave a rating for kids activities or restaurant as we did not take advantage of those facilities. there is a pool and a small basketball area and depending on the evening there are different complementary meals on offer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear TREVOR2013, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your Family. We are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you come to the Princeton area. Make it a great day. Marcel
Singapore City, null, Singapore
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Excellent Stay in this hotel. Suites are spacious and well-fitted,cozy to give a feeling of home away from home. Very functional and well equipped kitchen for people intending longer stays and self-catering. The hotel's daily hot breakfast is something to look forward to everyday and the light dinner on 4 weekdays very helpful. The property opens onto meadows and fields at the back, a special treat for anyone who is city-bred and enjoys the wide open outdoorsy feeling. The renovations to the property are very well managed and do not inconvenience the residents in any way ! In fact the smiling friendly faces of the contractors undertaking renovations merges very well with the bonhomie that the staff of Sonesta exude !! Special mention here of Claudette who made me feel welcome and at-home when I first arrived lat one evening after a 24hour flight into New York.
The only drawback that I saw was the furniture and fixtures in the suites were a little dated although clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear mzray, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your comments with regards to Claudette and our construction crew. We hope to see you again soon. Make it a great day. Marcel.
New Jersey
Reviewed October 1, 2013

A hotel employee from another hotel referred me to Sonesta. I was not familiar with the brand but went to see the hotel based on the referral. The manager was professional, gracious and accomodating to our extended stay needs. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised to find the suite comfortable with all the necessary ammenities. On one occassion when I mentioned to Claudette, at the front desk, that the microwave was taking a long time to heat food, management replaced it with a new microwave the same day. That's just an example of the level of service the Manager told me to expect when we registered. The staff, whether cleaning the suite or maintenance checking the phone lines, was helpful and quick to respond. Thanks sooo much to Claudette, Irene and Adol. A special thanks to Jose for assisting me on the day we checked out. I left my luggage on the deck outside my suite to run down and checkout. As Jose, an employee, walked by my luggage, I simply said I am leaving my things here until I check out. I will be back to get them. As I was walking back to gather my luggage after checking out, I saw that Jose was bringing down the last of my luggage without even being asked! I was very grateful because it was so heavy and because I had not asked him to help. Yes, I am glad we stayed there and yes, I have previously stayed at other hotels in Princeton. Sonesta, however, is the one I will refer to anyone asking for a great experience. Thanks Sonesta!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anita L
Marcel123456, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Anita L, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words about the staff, I know they will be thrilled to hear that you mentioned them by name. We hope to see you again soon. Make it a great day. Marcel
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 29, 2013

On our way from Six Flags to New York we decided to stay on night in Princeton. We booked this hotel, not expecting much.
To our great surprise, this was the best hotel we had during our two week vacation in the States.
We are a family of five: parents plus three grown up boys.
The suite included two bedrooms: one for the parents and the other with two queen beds for the boys.In addition there was a living room and a fully equipped kitchen.
All rooms had a TV and free WIFI.
The breakfast served was excellent, lots of choices.
We enjoyed the hotel very much and wished we could have stayed there longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear GilaGil, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear that the two bedroom suite provided a great accomodation for you and your Family, We hope to see you again soon. Make it a great day. Marcel
Farmington, Utah, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My business partner and I were staying in one of the suites. (one of the rooms with a queen size bed and pull out couch bed.) Claudette noticed this and immediately gave us a room with 2 beds instead of just the one. This is one of the best hotel experiences I have had, unlike some of the other hotel chains out there (La Quinta! Garbage!!) This Sonesta ES was great! Give that Claudette gal a raise!!

Room Tip: Get a room with 2 suites and you get 2 bathrooms as well! Awesome!