WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sonesta ES Suites Princeton

Sonesta ES Suites Princeton
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Pittsburgh, PA
“Very helpful with cancellation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Unfortunately, we did not get to stay at the Sonesta ES Princeton. Our daughters had a lacrosse tournament that was cancelled at the last minute when the n'oreaster dumped snow on the fields after recovery from Sandy. The hotel cancellation policy is by 4:00 the prior day to your reservation. I called at 6 and Pat, who answered the phone, went out of her way to help me cancel without penalty. She was friendly and helpful. Thanks for being flexible!

Room Tip: Didn't have the pleasure of staying
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

New ownership (it used to be Staybridge) have kept things pretty much the same. Some room furnishings a bit dated (tube TVs) but overall a very nice, clean, spacious place. Great for families because of the suites. Tiny health facility and pool, but still an excellent value. Decent if unexciting breakfast

1 Thank 289Rob123
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family and I visited my brother who's at Princeton and we stayed at Sonesta. It was a great experience. As this was our first time spending a couple days in Princeton and coming from out of state, we could only base our decision on internet research. We felt the value was great and hoped for the best. When we got there our expectations were greatly exceeded. For the value, four of us stayed comfortably in a 2-bedroom unit (it was great to have a kitchen), there was a surprisingly diverse and delicious breakfast, as well as great service. In fact, the service may have been the best part. We got to know a woman at the front desk named Irene and she was wonderful! She was extremely helpful this being our first time at Sonesta and in Princeton for an extended period of time.

In short, I highly recommend Sonesta. I think this will be our place of choice until my brother graduates.

1 Thank Tonyps91
York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We are 5 ladies that met in college and get together annually. We always try to find someplace comfortable, where we can just hang out and catch up. The Sonesta fit our bill perfectly. The two bedroom suite was perfect. . . 2 queen beds in separate rooms, 2 baths and a sleep sofa. The rooms were just big enough and the bathrooms were clean. You could tell this was an older hotel, but a hotel that was recently taken over by Sonesta, and improvements are being made.

The kitchenette was small, but we were there for just 1 night. It came equipped with all we needed! (At the time of departure, we did try to run the dishwasher, but couldn't get the door to lock)

The room included breakfast which was your typical fare, scrambled eggs, hash, pastries, fruit, cereal and yogurt. Everything was well stocked and cleaned as needed. There was plenty of seating in the eating area.

The staff were very nice and helpful. Several of us arrived before the person that reserved the room and they were able to make some changes so that we could get into the room for us. The location of the hotel is very convenient to restaurants, shopping and downtown Princeton. I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Greer, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The floors are paper thin. I was on the ground floor and heard every foot step and conversation from the room above me.The best place to be would be the 3rd floor, but with no elevators that makes a lengthy stay very hard. There are only outside wooden stairs, a long climb up and down with luggage, kids, groceries etc. Breakfast is ok. Hot selection is limited to eggs and either sausage patti or bacon. Saturdays they serve corned beef hash in leiu of a meat, not a fan. " Dinner,Social hour" is a joke. One item for example cheese ravioli in a jar of Ragu, Hot Dogs and potato chips.. and sometimes a green salad. Very cheap bland,bulk frozen, canned food. Not worth the walk to the dining room. Furniture is stained,and dated. Couch has permanent indent in cushions from years of use. Bed is ok, linen is good. Not a fan of the 2 HUGE pillows though.Appliances are dated. The upside is there is a full stove and oven.Good news is there are 2 TV's, one in bedroom and 1 in the living area. Bad news is they are older than my mother with no TV guide channel and grainy picture.If you plan to stay here bring higher than 60 watt light bulbs to replace the ones there. I'm all for energy conservation but when you have to turn on ALL the lights to see something tells me you're not conserving anything! They do offer daily "touch up" service by the cleaning staff. There is no room service and if you need toilet paper you need to track down housekeeping or walk to the front desk. I'm giving this a poor value rating due to the noise level I had to endure for a ground floor room. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room first and make sure everything works. Ask also if you are on ground floor if...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Travels A
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The perfect setup for our family with one room for our daughter and another for mom&dad with the living room in between so we could easily sit and plan the day. Having 2 bathrooms was a big hit as well.

We were not expecting any breakfast, but happily found the buffet to bee pretty good and one notch above a continental. Scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, sausage, cereal, muffins etc. But the big hit was the Belgian waffle maker. I liked that the food stations were scattered around so the people didn't cluster so be sure to walk around the area first to plan your food. The disposable plates reinforced that it was just a motel breakfast but we actually found it nice to carry back to our room.

All of the hotel workers we met were very nice, but I'll admit we didn't exactly test them on their service. We had everything we needed and didn't ask for more. I spoke briefly to a grounds keeper who was happily and justifiably proud of his efforts.

The bed mattress was comfortable and the sheets and blankets new and fresh. Ironically I didn't like their big overstuffed pillow, but my complaint is purely my personal preference. My daughter judged the toiletries an A+ and tucked her leftovers into her suitcase. Everything was super clean and crisp at our arrival.

The location worked for us. We were in town for parent's day at the University so of course drove back and forth. It is very close and easy (about 2 miles). On other trips we have stayed at the Nassau Inn or the Hyatt. My theory is you either stay at the Nassau Inn which is walking distance and expensive, or my new happy spot of the Sonesta ES Suites which is a short drive and affordable. No need to horse around with the high end chains on route 1 which require the drive and are very expensive.

All in all, we found this hotel to be a great value.

Room Tip: It is motel style with every suite having an outside door. The only real choice is upstairs or down...
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was here for a long stay on a business trip. One of my best experiences so far. The service was fantastic which made my stay really memorable. All the staff took the best care of what ever was really needed for a long stay like best of food, room service, shuttle and all other facilities were at par with the best of class hotels in Town. Special thanks to Adeel, who ensured I got the best experience and provided the maximum support for having such a pleasant stay. Thanks Adeel! :) The service is truly world class and the staff is very friendly and helpful which is the most exciting thing about Sonesta ES,Princeton NJ. Best place for business trips and people planning for long stays...

Room Tip: Just ask Adeel at the front desk for the best room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business