“Now called Sonesta: good value”

Sonesta ES Suites Princeton
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. We wanted a ground floor room and all they had was a suite with two separate bedrooms with a regular size double bed each. Bit small for me and my husband to sleep together in comfort. However, the suite was very comfortable, though overall it could probably do with a facelift. The breakfast (included in the rate) was good, and it seems that complimentary soft drinks are available all day. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful and they have a small business centre with free use of computers and printer. Free secure wifi included, which we now regard as essential.

Room Tip: If you are a happy couple, make sure you get a room with a decent sized bed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dinahb

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I made reservations for 2 rooms since we were traveling with 4 people. For $ 150 per room we got rather big rooms/suites with a living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. So in the end some good value but we didn't need it since we were there for just a night. Breakfast was normal, just get anything you want. Pool looked good but didn't use it. Only thing I wasn't too happy with is that I let a company do a drop shipment for me there, a photo on canvas in a frame so fragile. They had it in their public hallway for the 4 days before I got there. Would have appreciated it if they kept it behind the counter at least.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here because they have a indoor pool and they honor AAA discounts. Really nice hotel, a little pricey but worth it compare to the other hotels in the area! The pool wasn't so clean so i took a sip in the Jacuzzi, it was nice as well. the room was clean, and the beds are comfy! There is a Rudy tuesday right across the street in the same plaza. I will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here with my 2 teenagers one night before camp at Princeton U. My kids were thrilled to have a room with an ensuite bathroom and separate beds in a room of their own. I was glad to have my own room as well. The picture of the kitchen is exactly what was present in our trio room. Everything was clean and yes, it is a bit run down. The fluescent lights were the most annoying and really just made the light in the room harsh and uncomfortable on the eyes. Plus, it really makes one feel like they are living in an Eastern block country pre Berlin wall. We had a no smoking room. I would stay again despite the fading furniture because it was clean and orderly and the space is something you can't get anywhere else. I would up grade the pillows - they were a little lumpy. Have at least one light bulb that is incandescent.
The staff was friendly and professional when we stayed. We didn't swim but the pool looked clean and fun. If we had stayed longer, even my teenagers would have been in the pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Place is immaculate..pool is excellent...room is great...an awesome hotel...20 min away from sesame place..I highly recommend it

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Hotel website says they will no longer be a Staybridge in August. I think that explains a lot. The place is not even close to other Staybridge Suites we've visited. Our room clearly needed work. The 2nd floor stairs were rickety and probably dangerous, Room was dingy and needs some renovating. The most disturbing thing was the attitude of the staff who clearly didn't care about anything. We stayed 5 nights and housekeeping only came once. When we went to the front desk to ask to have our room cleaned and at take out the garbage, nobody ever came. They have a nice pool but an extremely rude pool boy who made sure to kick out all the guests at 10 minutes to 8 so he could close the pool. Too bad they never had any towels at the pool.

I'm sure this will be taken over by new management, necessary renovations will be made, and rude staff will be replaced, but unti that happens stay as far away from this place as you can.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NYMETS1986
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear NYMETS1986,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We are happy you liked our pool. On the other hand, I am sorry we were not able meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience you may have had due to the condition of the room and hotel as well as the poor staff services received. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided. Rest assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our beloved guests.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 8, 2012

As we checked in, Irene White was being faced with 2 unhappy guests, one had not checked in because there was a problem with her credit card and additional security deposit and the other had left clothes in a room that had already been cleaned. But the "ladies" allowed us to go ahead and Irene checked us in and was so pleasant. Of course, we heard the previous discussion and rants but Irene kept her cool and was very professional. Hail to a level headed employee. We were pleasantly surprised we we got to our suite it was clean and very large. Some of the appliances were showing a little where but everything we need for the night was there. The only problem with Staybridge was the poor WIFI. And no matter what they did to help us we had to go to the lobby to use the wifi and business center.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family