“A good place for an extended stay in Princeton, but only if you have a car.”

Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel has been upgraded since my last stay and it has everything you'd expect of a mid-price extended stay hotel. It's clean and tidy, but the location directly on Route 1 Brunswick Pike means that you need a car to stay there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephen W
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Charmaine did a great job making us feel like home away from home! Would highly recommend for any visitor in the area. Despite our original room smelling like smoke, she was able to accommodate our request kindly to exchange to another room and helped us locate the hotel late at night (signs are difficult to see if not familiar with the area). Thank you again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are thrilled to know you had such a great stay. Please accept our apologies that you originally had to encounter a smoking room. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to correct your situation and turn it into a positive one. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team, especially Charmaine.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We arrived late at night, were tired, got lost getting here but Charmaine Williamson made our stay amazing. Charmaine gave us directions with patience and kindness and even made sure we arrived ok by calling us directly to confirm we knew how to get here...meanwhile we had just arrived. Once we arrived, Charmaine was so friendly, considerate, and warm. Charmaine was friendly with the other visitors as well. We had to find a room that had no smoke residue, as people still smoke in non-smoking rooms, and Charmaine made sure to find us a perfect room. We slept very well and were happy with the clean, neat, spacious room she gave us. In sum, Charmaine's hospitality and friendly attitude made our stay amazing. I wish all hotel staff were as kind and welcoming. We will definitely return. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank karinafhmc

Karina - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that Charmaine was a big part of your stay. She is always warm, welcoming and beyond pleasant. Still, it was disheartening to read that you were unable to find the hotel so easily; however, I am so happy that Charmaine helped you find your way.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hotel room is clean and people are pleasant. The complimentary breakfast is somewhat limited but I wasn't expecting too much for free food really.

However, you do need to have a car in order to get in & out of this place. There is no walkway or public transportation of any kind. Even getting to the nearby restaurant is impossible without a car.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Frank - The team and I appreciate your positive remarks. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our complimentary grab-and-go breakfast. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel needs to fire their current housekeeping staff and hire a new one I checked in last night and the room they gave me had a strong smell of Indian food. The bathroom floor was dirty with hair on and crumbs. I went back to the front desk and ask to be switched to another room because the one he gave me smelled very bad. The front desk guy was very nice and pleasant. He switched me to another room which was cleaner, however it didn't have towels. the coffee table, desk and end tables had smudges and crumbs. The stove still had a little grease and when I opened the microwave, I found a bowl of butter with spices. cups and glasses were dirty. The bed was very comfy and clean.

It's so evident that this hotel has problems with housekeeping. I read the other reviews, and they were so right about how dirty this hotel is. I wanted to give it a try anyway. I checked out the next morning and move to crown plaza hotel in Plainsboro. A budget hotel doesn't have to be dirty. I've stayed at motel 6 in another city, and it was very affordable and very clean. It seems like the manager at this hotel does not make an effort to raise the quality of cleaning standards. As far as renovations....yes, I think they've had. When you walk into the front door, the first thing you will notice is the worn out doors and dirty floors. Especially the center, where the carpet is, and the hallways smells burnt food. The front desk staff are very pleasant, and friendly. They really try to make you feel good.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank rjsyouens
Reviewed August 10, 2013

the first room I had was not good - smelled awful (probably used to be smoking room), broken chair backs, LOUD refrigerator, pots not clean and no scouring tool provided, stove burners not plugged into unit, took awhile to figure that out. Second room was fine. Wish I'd moved sooner. I did have to wash all clothes when I got home since they took on the stale odor.

Thought they should have refunded part of my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have to say - I was a little nervous about staying here. The reviews were so, so and the price was very good. I wondered if the price was low because the room was dumpy? I was PLEASANTLY surprised!! The room was clean, the staff was helpful and nice, and this had everything I needed without breaking the bank. I would definitely stay here again in the future if I were to come to this area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family