“Funky vibe, yummy food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The decor is mildly funky with a very japanese vibe (alternating white and natural wood curved planking). Interior dining room is small (seating for maybe 20 or 30) and there is a separate "party" room. Sushi is fresh and tasty and the service on my occasional visits has always been efficient. The Yaki Udon (large noodles with veggies and meat of your choice, or veggie style) is delicious. Plenty here for non-sushi eaters including delicious yakitori (grilled chicken strips) and vegetable dumplings.

Mo c are apparently ice cream balls covered in some sort of doughy rice paste... one of my kids loves the texture and the other won't touch the stuff... go figure.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I reviewed Mo C awhile back when I first moved to the Princeton area - our large party ended up in their downstairs private party room and it was a very odd experience, though the food was good. Since then, I've tried most every sushi place within a 30mi radius and can assuredly say this is my favorite and, in my opinion, the best sushi in town.

It's not the cheapest, nor the fanciest / most elaborate. But when you're a sushi fan like me and get the hankering, it's ideal. Now having been in the regular dining room over a dozen times the atmosphere is fantastic - the carved wood lining all sides gives it a fresh modern feel. The staff is always extremely friendly and wonderful. They have a wide enough variety of rolls that there's always something that fits my mood, but it's never too expensive that I can't order two! Everything from rolls with 5 different fish, to those with fruit, to a simple tempura sweet potato.

I know this sounds like a gushy review... and that's because it is. They've completely won me over from the first time I was there and are by far the cleanest, best tasting, best value sushi in the area.

1  Thank CostalCruiser
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Recently we invited friends of ours to come to Princeton to join us for some drinks and sushi. Our 1st choice of sushi restaurants apparently has changed its approach on how it deals with its customers so we opted to try Mo C Mo C. Fortunately, we are locals so we know where the restaurant is. To an out-of-towner, it might be a bit difficult to find. (FYI, just ask a local where the Record Exchange is and Mo C is next door.) We arrived at approximately 7:30 on a beautiful Saturday night. They immediately had a table for the 4 of us as well as our BYOB wine. The servers quickly had wine glasses as well as water on the table. The menu is extensive (but not over-bearing) with selections for the sushi crowd as well as the non-fish eaters. I opted for 3 rolls, 2 of which were "specials" and 1 a Boston roll. 1 special was a mango wrapped lobster which was quite tasty as well as sweet and fruity. The 2nd special was a blue claw crab roll with avocado and Old Bay seasoning. Another good roll. Both of the special rolls were almost $15 each. Very good but a bit pricey. The Boston Roll was well under $10 and also very tasty. My wife opted for the sashimi special with numerous selections of various fish. It was a large plate filled with generous portions so she requested my help. Here is the main reason I only give MoC an average rating: I tried numerous pieces of the sashimi and each piece tasted the same. They all had a recently thawed-out, watery taste. The couple we dined with had almost duplicated our order and had the same results. The rolls were good but the sashimi was tasteless and watery. I'm sorry Mo C, but this is what makes or breaks a sushi restaurant. The restaurant did have a nice atmosphere and it had a good crowd of diners. My recommendation is to go for the simple rolls with a bottle of wine or some good beer and enjoy the atmosphere as well as the nice service.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The service was good, the atmosphere is nice, but the food was just okay. We had dinner with another couple who are friends from out of town and we had a good time. We walked in on Saturday night without a reservation and were seated right away. The sashimi had a watery taste leading me to believe it had been frozen and was not that fresh, which is too bad because the rest of our dining experience was very good.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The quality of the food is awesome and always prepared perfectly by the personable and talented owner/sushi chef Mike. The service is extremely warm and friendly and personal. The atmosphere is comfortable and the decor is modern. The prices are very reasonable and it's BYOB.