“Lovely, Quiet, Warm & Delicious”
Review of Metro North

Metro North
Reserve with OpenTable
Metro North is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 196 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 378 Alexander Rd
Description: Metro North featuring Italian Entrees, Seafood, Grilled Meats, Salads, Burgers, Sandwiches, Appetizers & Pizza. Along with your favorite cocktail,g lass of wine or beer on tap there is something for everyone. Reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere. Located at 378 Alexander Road in Princeton, New Jersey with ample parking we also have seating for large parties up to 100 plus and outside dining on our patio.
South Brunswick, New Jersey
“Lovely, Quiet, Warm & Delicious”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was my 3rd time visiting this restaurant. Have enjoyed it each time. This time was with my husband and another couple on New Years Eve. They had a special holiday menu, which had some wonderful dishes. Not too limited, which is often the case with holiday menus. We arrived at the time of our reservation but wanted to enjoy a drink at the bar first. The hostess was very accommodating. So we enjoyed our drink at the bar where the bartender was very helpful with us ladies choose a tasty martini - we went with the raspberry (mmmmmmm). After about 20 minutes we went to our table upstairs, which was a very cozy and warm room. The noise level was perfectly low. Our server gave us a little time to get comfortable before approaching. She was very knowledgable about the menu and was able to provide perfect recommendations. The food was delicious - from the various appetizers we had to our perfectly presented main courses. The only thing that keeps this review from being EXCELLENT is the timing of our main dishes. We waited a very long time after our appetizers, when we finally asked the server what was going on with our main dishes. She sent the manager over and he explained that there was "an issue with an ingredient" but it was being resolved and our meals would be out right away, which they were. Keeping customers informed is very important - don't wait for us to ask.
We will come back again.

• Visited December 2012

Princeton, NJ
“Good food, pleasant environment”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Food was good, french onion soup very well seasoned and nice flavor. Cheeseburger very tasty and exactly as ordered (medium-rare), apparently hard to accomplish based on the number of incorrectly cooked cheeseburgers I have eaten. My husband had linquine with white clam sauce that he said was excellent. Portion size was very good. Service was adequate. Environment casual but pleasant, kind of a pub feel. The only negative I think was that many food items had hidden "spicy" flair that was not identified on menu. This doesn't bother me since I like a chef who is not afraid to use seasonings (including salt) to enhance his food, however, some customers might be turned off by this. Prices were fair for this area. Would definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
new jersey
“our favorite place! highly recommend!!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a great place to sit and relax and really enjoy your eating experience. The atmosphere is wonderful, the service is excellent and the food is consistently good. Daily specials are always imaginative and original. Pricing is reasonable as well. I love that the decor and table set up lends itself to either dressing for dinner or showing up in jeans and sneakers without standing out like a sore thumb! Especially since I'm more of the jeans kind of person! My husband and I eat here at least once a week and recommend it to anyone looking for a great experience. There is also a very nice outdoor patio for nicer weather that is lovely. Although I have never personally used the service, they do have a party room (that always seems to be booked) for special events if anyone needed space to entertain larger groups.

• Visited December 2012
New Jersey
“Great decor, poor service, average food”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were very excited when they finally opened a restaurant that looked like it was going to stay at the former Rusty Scupper location. We went twice, with different dining companions, and had the same experience both times. I like to taste and over the course of two visits, took at least a forkful from many dishes. Some dishes were good, some were not so good, so I will give the food an "average" rating. The place is as it used to be -- great location, great decor. The service -- all I can say is that I am not one of the "beautiful people" and they certainly treated me as such. Both the host/hostess and the waitress both times practically looked through me. I can only say that I think they have great potential, but if they don't care about me, well, I don't care about them either!

• Visited August 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Thanks, Cuz!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

On my way from Boston through New Jersey to visit my parents, I made plans to meet my cousin for lunch who recommended the Metro North. My car's trusty GPS device directed me to the restaurant without a hitch. The exterior of the building is quaint brick, the interior is 'casual, but elegant'. My cousin and I had both recently sent our youngest daughters off to college & giggled a bit as we sat finally feeling like grown up women without the immediate responsibility of family.

I ordered the salmon burger intrigued by the menu description that included 'avocado pico degalo, chipotle aioli' on flat bread. My cousin ordered the bbq pork quesadilla that looked amazing when it came out. My burger? Well, I usually photograph my order before taking a bite, but it looked so delicious I was halfway (okay, almost finished) through it when I remembered I hadn't taken the photo. Drat. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the chipotle aioli topping added just the right amount of spice to the fish without overwhelming the flavor.

My cousin enjoyed her quesadilla which was so large she couldn't finish half of it (or perhaps she was saving room for dessert?). Dessert...ah, yes. I loved their special for the day -- pumpkin cheesecake. I've had pumpkin cheesecake that tasted like cheesecake with a bit of pumpkin or only like pumpkin. Their cheesecake offered the perfect balance so that neither the pumpkin nor the cheesecake overwhelmed the other. The tiramisu served in a cocktail glass looked delicious and based on the smile on my cousin's face, I'm guessing it tasted delicious as well.

If in Princeton, be sure to stop by this restaurant located off a sleepy little street. As for me? I'm fairly certain I'll be visiting my cousin more often with plans to dine at Metro North!!

• Visited October 2012