“Trying but not getting there” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Peacock Inn Restaurant

The Peacock Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Peacock Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 195 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: We are located a short 5 minute walk from the NJ Transit Princeton Station stop.
Description: The Peacock Inn - a Top 25 restaurant in the state of New Jersey by NJ Monthly, highest rated restaurant in Princeton by Zagat and Open Table, named "Restaurant Of The Year" by the Star-Ledger newspaper - offers guests an elegant and exceptional dining experience. Attentive service, chic decor, and the contemporary approach to Chef Manuel Perez's "New American" cuisine, make The Peacock Inn the perfect choice for a romantic evening, business dinner, or special occasion. The intimate dining rooms blend elegance, comfort, and sophistication. The walls showcase prized artwork, murals, and menus from the 1930's, some of which were discovered behind cement walls in the basement of the historic mansion. Spend some time in the contemporary bar at The Peacock Inn while food prepared by Chef Perez and his team while sipping your favorite cocktail or a choice wine.The restaurant is open for dinner seven days a week and Sunday Brunch. The Peacock Inn also offers 16 luxury guest rooms if you are looking for a exceptional evening in the heart of downtown Princeton.
NJ
“Trying but not getting there”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant presents well and with its menu, presentation and pricing is trying to place itself in the upper echelons of restaurants. Unfortunately, the food falls short of that goal. I rated it "Very Good" primarily because of the atmosphere and the fact that the ingredients themselves were of good quality. However, the preparation was bland and more original in presentation than flavor.

On the issue of service, we were served an entire multi-course meal in 1:15 so if that's your idea of good service you'll be fine. I prefer not to rush through fine dining.

Overall, if you're looking to eat at this price point there are better places to spend your money.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Robert O
Scott S, Manager at The Peacock Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your meal at The Peacock Inn. At The Peacock Inn, we pride ourselves on outstanding service and food. We are the highest rated food in Central New Jersey according to Open Table, and our service is some of the best in Princeton. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at The Peacock Inn, and noticed the quality of the ingredients in each dish that you were served. The time of your meal can vary depending on the time that you spend between each meal. The Peacock Inn's goal is to create a dining experience that satisfies each and every guest.

“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I arrived tonight for a corporate dinner and was immediately greeted by a nice clean cut guy doing valet. Because it was raining he opened my door and led me into the restaurant under an umbrella. Our service and food was excellent. Im looking forward to my next visit. (Im planning on bringing my boyfriend for our anniversary) . Thank you to the amazing chefs, great valet service (Doug, you kept my hair frizzless) and wonderful staff!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott S, Manager at The Peacock Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your experience at The Peacock Inn. We are so glad that you were able to join us for a corporate dinner, and look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back to The Peacock Inn in the near future. At The Peacock Inn our first priority is service and creating an incredible experience for each and every person. We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience, starting from the time your door was opened for you, and throughout your meal.
Florida
“Great service and atmosphere- average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have eaten at the Peacock several times as I stay at the Inn when visitng the area. In the winter when I stayed, they only offered a set menu with 4 or 5 courses at dinner, which was too much food and too time consuming for my sons and I. However, one could "cherry pick" courses from the comfortable (if noisy) booths in the bar. On this trip, there was an ala carte option in the dining room. The food is well presented and service is great. Most of our dishes, however, were not at all remarkable. Our soft shell crab appetisers were meaty and crisp with excellent greens and flavors. But our main courses -- I had the primavera pasta and everyone else had fish, was really mediocre. My pasta was swimming in oil and surrounded by large and starchy raw peas. One of us ordered the mocha ice cream for dessert and it was delicious. Bottom line: nice atmosphere, good service but the food is hit or miss. It was expensive too.

Visited May 2013
Scott S, Manager at The Peacock Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review The Peacock Inn restaurant. We introduced A La Carte dining at The Peacock Inn with our new spring menu on May 1st. We are excited about giving our guests the ability to choose how many courses they want to enjoy. The food at The Peacock Inn is rated the best in all of central New Jersey. We pride ourselves on great food, and great service to create an experience that is unparalleled. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peacock Inn for your stay and for dinner, and hope to exceed your expectations.
Lambertville
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Very creative combinations, beautiful presentation. Would not sit inthe bar area which was our choice. Very noisy and service was below expectation. Bar tender was terrific but can't table and bar. Much to busy.

Visited May 2013
Thank you for your 5-star review of The Peacock Inn Restaurant! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time eating in the restaurant and having a drink at the bar. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Belleville, NJ
“Amazing tasting menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I love when you walk into a place with absolutely no expectations and it turns out to be one of the best meals you've ever had! My BFF and I were in Princeton for the day and decided to check this place out quite at random. We were greeted warmly and promptly seated despite being a bit under-dressed (will try harder next time as dining here is definitely an occassion). We both looked at the Four Course Tasting with wine pairing on the menu and I said 'You take one side and I'll take the other'.

Everything was superb! but most notable were as follows: Yellowfin Tuna Tartare “Maki” (gorgeous flavors), Foie Gras Terrine (this is what silks shantung must taste like), Seared Sea Scallop (briney and perfectly cooked), Pork Belly “A La Plancha” (amazing! and honestly tastier than the Pork Belly @ David Chang's 'Ma Peche' @ Momofuku tasting menu I had a couple of days prior. Seriously ... Insanely good! especially when paired with 2011 Marlborough,Sauvignon Blanc,Tohu), Strawberry & Rhubarb Tart (the Ricotta Ice Cream was sublime!)

The ambiance is cozy without being cluttered. We were incredibly lucky to be served by the head waitress who was phoenomela, personable, attentive and very knowledgeable. The owner wandered over for a chat during dessert which we really appreciated. In short ... perfect meal! and I'm already planning my next trip to beautiful Princeton and the Peacock Inn

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LexiBelleville
Scott S, Manager at The Peacock Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for the incredible review of The Peacock Inn and your amazing experience here with your BFF. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the 4-course Prix Fixe menu along with the wine pairing. Exceptional food and service is what drives The Peacock Inn to be the best that it can be. Our renowned chef, Manuel Perez and his team want to thank you for your detail on each dish that you enjoyed. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peacock Inn in the near future.