“Excellent food and service”

The Peacock Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Peacock Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 196 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: We are located a short 5 minute walk from the NJ Transit Princeton Station stop.
Description: The Peacock Inn - a Top 25 restaurant in the state of New Jersey by NJ Monthly, highest rated restaurant in Princeton by Zagat and Open Table, named "Restaurant Of The Year" by the Star-Ledger newspaper - offers guests an elegant and exceptional dining experience. Attentive service, chic decor, and the contemporary approach to Chef Manuel Perez's "New American" cuisine, make The Peacock Inn the perfect choice for a romantic evening, business dinner, or special occasion. The intimate dining rooms blend elegance, comfort, and sophistication. The walls showcase prized artwork, murals, and menus from the 1930's, some of which were discovered behind cement walls in the basement of the historic mansion. Spend some time in the contemporary bar at The Peacock Inn while food prepared by Chef Perez and his team while sipping your favorite cocktail or a choice wine.The restaurant is open for dinner seven days a week and Sunday Brunch. The Peacock Inn also offers 16 luxury guest rooms if you are looking for a exceptional evening in the heart of downtown Princeton.
Princeton Jct., NJ
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Wonderful pre-fixed menu with a wide variety of somewhat exotic items. All courses were delicious and cooked and prepared to perfection. I highly recommend the Peacock Inn for special occasions as it can be quite pricey for Mercer County with the addition of cocktails and wine.

• Visited January 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfection at the Peacock !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

First time to Princeton and we wanted to soak in the history and character of the town.We love to do this by going to restaurants with age and grace !
My husband just finished ,6 hours earlier, running the Worlds Toughest Mudder 24 hour race.He completed 5 laps which is the equivelant of 2 marathons with obstacles in freezing temps and water.Anyway my point is that he was more than deserving of a good meal ! We started in their bar (a wee too modern for my liking in an old mansion ) had a nice cozy booth drank a lovely martini and then efficiently were taken to our table that is by one of the old non working firplace. They have successfully joined a somewhat contemporary look but kept it warm and inviting . We had the 3 course meal choice which had many options with it which we always appreciate.The wine list was impressive and the plates were generous and lovingly presented (not over the top modern).The waitress was efficient pleasent and when my husband started to fade after his third course she knew how to expertly bring us swiftly to the end of our meal. Compliments to the chef !

• Visited November 2012
Princeton, NJ
“Pretentious and a terrible value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We last had dinner at the Peacock Inn in Princeton about one year ago. The food, service and ambiance were just first class. We went back a few days ago and when receiving the menu saw that this was "tasting menu," The least expensive choice was $80, and another one was $125. I think this is arrogance carried to an extreme. Was the food good? I cannot tell, we left. We did not come to stuff ourselves but rather to have a small, intimate dinner in an attractive setting. When asked if they had an a la carte menu, we were told that one could be had in the bar. We walked in the small and not at all cozy bar. And dominating the bar was a huge TV, broadcasting some game or other. We left the bar as well. My companion and I both really resent being forced to buy a big dinner at night. And we absolutely do not want to pay paying upwards of $250 for dinner for two, including tax, tip and wine, when all we wanted was a "normal" dinner, maybe one course plus desert. Pretention and arrogance do not a good restaurant make. We shall not return.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank NJMaggie
New Jersey
“Great 'Special Occasion' Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Visited Peacock Inn for my wife's birthday and had a wonderful experience there. We knew it was a little pricey going in but were absolutely satisfied walking out - not always the case at some fancier restaurants. They offered a great four course menu and the wine pairing option really kicked the meal up to the next level. Just when you think you've had an exceptional meal, they go one step beyond with fantastic dessert options. I'm not really a dessert person but I cleaned my plate. Bottom line: I won't be eating here frequently but certainly recommend that others try it and will keep it in mind for other special occasions in the future.

• Visited December 2012
Forked River, New Jersey
“Delightful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My better half and I were joined by my brother and his fiance for Thanksgiving dinner at the Peacock Inn, this year. We do not like to go out for Thanksgiving dinner, but due to circumstances (Hurricane Sandy) we had to go out for our holiday dinner. I am so happy that I chose this place--we were supposed to go to another restaurant in Princeton. The place was a delight as was the room that we ate in. The service was excellent and so was the food. As mentioned previously, we do not like to go out to dinner for the holidays, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Peacock Inn. The 4 course dinner was spaced appropriately--and if you're one to like freebies (I could care less as long as the experience is a good one), we were given a wonderful soup at the beginning of the meal and delicious macaroons with our coffee and tea at the end of the meal. The cocktails were made with skill and the choice of entrees was excellent if one did not want traditional turkey. I cannot wait to go back. They had a delightful bar off to the side and rooms to rent. The location is excellent too!

• Visited November 2012