“It was decent”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Diners are ubiquitous in NJ so it's difficult, IMHO for one to stand out. This one doesn't really standout. The decor is relatively nice with monitors all around. The service wasn't perfect, we had an older lady serve us, so the food didn't come out super quick; but she was quite friendly nonetheless. I do like to look at the display cases/tables to see what new desserts they have. Those desserts are HUGE!! Elephant ears that look like elephant ears! Muffins that look Smurf homes! So large I don't buy them, but can't help but marvel at their size--almost like feats of architectural design.

I've been multiple times, but mainly because of convenience. It is relatively close and is open late at night. Besides the service the food is pretty good. I like the large portions because I can eat in the restaurant and take the other half home for lunch the next day.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The word diner pretty much covers the menu, though the place is much larger than typical. We were there for Sunday brunch and the menu was huge. Our portions also were huge. My three egg omelet was great but seemed larger. It came with hash browns, and a generous fruit cup. Prices were reasonable for a relatively high-cost location. Except for downtown Princeton, there isn’t much else but fast food on the Route 1 corridor.

We didn’t experience some of the issues others have noted. Service was fine, food was good, dishes were clean, no one was rude. Sure it was noisy, but that’s to be expected.

The big surprise – no WiFi for a college town. So bring a friend or something to read if you’re alone.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've been coming here for years when I want to go to a diner closer to home. The food and service is pretty good. I'm not particularly crazy about one of the owners.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a long standing restaurant in Princeton. Although promoted as a diner, the outside appearance is more like a traditional restaurant rather than the old fashioned stainless steel dining car.

The menu has an unbelievable number of meals to select. Portions are very large and should be sufficient to fill up the average eater. Prices are very reasonable - particularly for the Princeton area. I had a crab stuffed tilapia which was good and filling.

The food is not gourmet, but satisfying. Servers were friendly and efficient.

Unfortunately, we were too full to eat desert. All deserts are made on premises and, from what was said by patrons, very good. A very large selection of deserts is shown in a display case as one enters the restaurant and, as with the meals, a large portion is served.

I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

As with all diners it has on it's menu anything that you would like to eat. It's has a lot of tables and is good when you have a crowd of people. Food is Good but not great.