“Good but very pricey”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 202 Restaurants in Princeton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I ate here for a special occassion recently. Food and service are very good, but this is really pricey with all things considered

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Ruth's Chris reliably pulls off a real, American steakhouse experience every time. We were there recently for a birthday celebration. Our waitress was absolutely superb, even to the extent of taking a drink back to the bar because she felt it hadn't been made correctly. The steaks are always excellent and cooked just as ordered. Try the extra toppings if you want to mix things up from just having a steak. The portions are generous, so I'd strongly advise sharing a couple of appetizers if you want to have a chance at enjoying most of your dinner. We shared calamari, barbecued shrimp and ravioli and they were all lovely. The bread and butter is highly tempting but again, watch yourself as you could easily go to town on that and not have an appetite left for your steak. The cocktails we had were very nice. The wine selection is good. Service was attentive - i liked that they frequently refilled our water glasses without us begging them to (a gripe I often have with other restaurants). The atmosphere is nice - busy without being loud. Big chairs and tables make one feel a little small! The only negative is that, like many steakhouses, the restaurant is very expensive relative to other kinds of dining experiences one might have. Still, if you know what you're in for with respect to price and are OK with that, Ruth's Chris is a very solid choice. Particularly in the Princeton area where we aren't exactly spoiled for choice for top notch restaurants.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I have been going to this location for years. The food is consistently excellent. We have ordered practically everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. The staff members are first class in all aspects, and our favorite waiters are Martin and Paul. They truly make the meal complete. Some of our favorite dishes are the calamari, barbecued shrimp and veal ravioli appetizers. The Ruth's chop salad and Caesar salad are both excellent. For main dishes, try the signature filet, NY strip or gigantic T-bone, maybe with a lobster tail too. The best sides are the shoestring fries, potatoes lyonnaise and the roasted Brussels sprouts. All the desserts are excellent and the hidden gem is the stuffed chicken breast which is the best chicken I have ever had.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I chose Ruth Chris because I always recommend it to my hotel guests and they never come back disappointed. I was able to experience this first hand. Thank you to everyone who made my families and mine New Year the best. The staff was very attentive and well versed on their products and suggestions. The spicy lobster recommendation by our water Jason was to die for, thank you, a must when you visit. They are known for their steaks and they hold up to it........but no one is ever perfect, we ordered 6 steaks, 3 were exactly the same but my mom's steak was no where as good as the other two ordered, maybe a different cut or maybe they just ran out of what we ordered. She ended up just finishing my dad's steak, they were big. I had a blue cheese crust on my steak which I highly recommend. The sides are large and the cream spinach very good, make sure you save room for desert because their apple tart is out of this world and big enough to share, you will never be able to eat it alone. The manager stopped by which was very nice. I would go there again....Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

If I am not making steak at home, I prefer Ruth's Chris. Try thee shrimp cocktail, which actually has big fresh tasting shrimp. The onion soup has one of the best stocks as its base. The cheese is right on-ask for extra cheese. The file mignon is where I go. Perfectly cooked to order steak. The seasoning is awesome. Butter is optional. Get the shoestring fries or sweet potato casserole as a side. Hmmer the fries with salt, pepper and ketchup.