“A true gem”

Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“A true gem”
Reviewed February 4, 2011

We recently ate at Cassia Grill and had a wonderful experience... We tested Gozleme, Borek, eggplant salad, grilled meatballs, lamb stew and shrimp casserole. Everything was delicious, freshly prepared and made from the scratch. This is a restaurant for the people who appreciate gourmet food and are in no rush to enjoy their meal. It takes time to prepare everything from the scratch (owner's Mom does all the cooking and baking and she even makes her own dough for borek and baklavas, not using frozen Fillo dough from supermarkets!! Wow!! I know that bacause I've personally seen her making a dough when I stopped by the kitchen to pay compliments for the food) but it is definitely worth of waiting. Food is outstanding!!

The service is great and friendly, restaurant is clean and nicely decorated. Definitely not another average Turkish eatery... It offers more Mediterranean food choices not just typical Turkish meals. It has fantastic French truffles (home made again) and the best baklavas I ever ate in a restaurant.

This is a true gem!!

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank Jeja1608

Long Valley, New Jersey
“Like dining in an expensive New York restaurant at a great price!”
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I have at least 10 Turkish and Mediterranean restaurants in the past but this one stands out. I ordered zucchini pancakes and gypsy salad. They were both great but the fish that I tried was amazing. My wife had cigar shaped borek and humus. She was very pleased. She also tried Manti she never had before and this homemade dish was so tasty that I had to go back and get more of it. Great atmosphere and very good service. I think we finally found a great place in Hacketstown.

2 Thank 61pnkflyd
Flemington
“What a terrific find!”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This is an amazing restaurant to find in Port Murray, NJ. The food is beautifully prepared and presented, the atmosphere is very pleasant and the staff/owner extremely accommodating. It's a BYO, which is great for keeping the bill down, and the dishes are very reasonably priced. Go with a crowd, if you can, so you can sample as many appetizers as possibly (you will want to try one of each!)

2 Thank margandbill