“Value stopover”

Maurice River Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This diner is roughly half way between Philly and Cape May, and thus ideal for a stretch of the leg. It is modern, large, bright, and a bit antiseptic. However it is very good value and hugely popular. We stopped for lunch the first time because of the full weekday car park, and it was full again for brunch the following Sunday. There is a wide choice and the helpings are large. The staff serving us were very professional but very busy. The clientele were mainly families and seniors. I do not recognise previous highly negative reviews, and this is the first time our experience has not matched Tripadviser reviews. The local public obviously think highly of it.

1  Thank 497ianj

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I live about 5 minutes from this place and I will only eat here as a last resort.
Service is fine , and certain foods are okay, soups are very good .
But I have had 3 inedible meals here. barbecued ribs that were tougher than a boot heel, crab imperial that was grey in color and tasted HORRIBLE, and eggplant parmesan that was coated in what seemed to be pancake batter.
Prices are way too high for the quality, the "jumbo lump" crab cakes are made with the lowest quality crab (claw and special) yet the price does not reflect this, buyer beware!
If you must eat here stick to the basics; cheesesteak, chicken parmesan, club sandwiches....
This place has gotten lazy since they are the only game in town,
But trust me , I am a local, and a fat one at that, and I do not go here.
Do yourself a favor and check out a restaurant in Millville or Vineland, you'll be glad you did.

1  Thank WILLYUM S
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on the way back from the beach. The service was extremely poor. Didn't think the server was that attentive, had to ask for drink refills and did not check on us once the food was out; which took way too long.
It was ok diner food, definitely not worth the long wait or expensive price. Chicken parm was prefrozen chicken with no seasoning and my wife's roasted chicken was dry and the stuffing nasty. Large portions though.
Their quesodilla was ok but soggy on the bottom, meaning it sat a long time before coming out.
Place was clean but the owner walks around with a bad looking attitude.

1  Thank Yokotacoach
Reviewed June 16, 2013

A great stop on the way to or from the South New Jersey shore points. Great diner food. Large menu selection. Breakfast served all day. For those who have never been to a diner, this is a perfect introduction. The food is always fresh and served quickly. Wait staff is friendly and pleasant. Try the lunch or dinner specials. A lot of food for the price.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I stop here on way to shore all the time for a good breakfast , it's clean the service is good and the food is good , many times I'm pulling my 25' boat and the parking lot is big , so that's a big plus for me , I stopped for lunch a few times and also good , love there club sandwiches