Best Western Regency House Hotel
$99
$144
BestWestern.com
$102
All reviewshigh school reunionhot breakfastpleasant stayrooms are largenew jerseyregency housebweventmicrowavebanquetnjhighwayroutenycplainsjackie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We were welcomed and given an introduction by Mr Mash, the VP of operations, He could not do enough for us he provided a welcoming snack and told us a few interesting stories. He and his staff were always seeking to please and were most helpful in seeking out transport for us to NY, for our group of 21. They provided an excellent buffet dinner and breakfast at very reasonable rates, I would recommend this motel to anyone staying in NJersey,

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I love this hotel! I got married at another location but I was accommodated in so many ways by the Pompton Plains, NJ Best Western - Regency House. They had worked with me to accommodate my guests with safe transportation from the reception to the hotel. They have recently had a full renovation so all the rooms were spectacular. My honeymoon suite was amazing. The new construction of the bar wasn't completed yet so they provided a private bar for my guests in a large location onsite. My group was quite loud and active after the wedding and the manager of the hotel was able to contain the high energy guests in the most professional & respectful way. I can not say enough good things about the staff, managment and hospitality of this hotel. BEST OF ALL they had the best FULL buffet breakfast display I have ever seen at a hotel. If you are looking for top notch service and hospitality I highly recommend booking the next hotel stay or functuion at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Impressive is the word, with quality of the rooms, friendliness of the staff, and incredible value. This should not be a Best Western, it should be a Hilton or Hyatt. Well, I feel like I get a Mercedes for the price of Honda.
I have stayed at this Hotel, Best Western Regency Hotel, three times on a business so far. The first time, I was impressed with the minute I was greeted, then again when I walked into my room. An upscale amenities and professional, courteous staff for about a $100 is a bargain for me. I stayed at other hotels in the area and paid more for less.
When I was impressed each of the three times, I wanted to let others know about this perfectly suitable hotel that caters to everything a corporate traveler needs and appreciates. My colleagues have also mentioned to me about how amazing this hotel is for the price we pay; they too have enjoyed the hospitality. I personally, have stayed at "bigger" brands and I still put this Best Western above them.
This hotel deserves more than an acknowledgment for its outstanding service from top to bottom.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2010

After a long day in the car traveling, my Husband & I stopped her for the night.
This Hotel was spotless and i can't say enough about the Mattresses they have. Both my Husband & I had the best night's sleep ever! WE even worote to the Hotel to see what kind they were. We are going back just to spend another night!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I have stayed last night at the best Western Regency House hotel following a long flight into Newark, while traveling northward. I peeked this hotel since it is reasonably priced for the area and because of the good recent reviews on Trip Advisor, and I don' t regret it.
The overall experience is positive. Although the hotel is located near Rt. 23 which is quite busy, it is placed a little farther from the road, so the traffic noise doesn't reach the hotel. At my request, i was given a room that faces the back and it was very quiet.

The room (1 King bed) is big. The bathroom is small, but functional. It is not too small.
I didn't use the fridge and the microwave in the room, but they can be convenient for longer stays.

Breakfast is complimentary. Besides the regular continental breakfast, it included some hot plates: scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage and home fries. A nice lady served the warm beverages.

On the negative side: The hallway smells. It reminded me smoking odors, although no smoking is allowed in the hallways. The pillows are hard and rubbery. Not the most comfortable ones, but not different than those in may other hotels.

To sum up, I recommend this hotel for people looking for a place in that area. It is easy to find, given the directions they supply, it quiet, the service is good and it is reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo