Best Western Regency House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshigh school reunionhot breakfastpleasant stayrooms are largenew jerseyregency housebweventmicrowavebanquetnjhighwayroutenycplainsjackie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2014

There is no elevator to the second floor rooms. You must lug everything up or have a bellman do it for you. The rooms are dated, needing some repairs, paint and new furniture. The sink and tub drains are slow and need cleaning. The a/c does not have labeling to indicate what the dials do. Towels are like sandpaper. Breakfast is not worth eating. Staff is uncaring.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
jacqueline d, Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Good Afternoon,

We just wanted to thank you for choosing us to accommodate you on your most recent stay. We know that there are a lot of choices available and thank you for choosing Best Western Regency-Plus. I see that you have recently completed a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so. Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to take corrective action, utilize suggestions and share opportunities for praise and growth with our staff. All of this can help ensure a more favorable stay in the future.
I noticed on the survey you felt your stay was less than favorable. We do wish every guest to leave with a positive impression and that being said I was so personally disappointed to receive your review. We do strive to exceed expectations and it looks like we failed you on this visit.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and I can assure you this is not the typical guest experience for our hotel. If you are ever in the Pompton Plains area again, we do hope you will give us another opportunity to win back your commitment.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I didn't have a reservation, but I was referred to go there and I will be staying there again. Very clean, friendly, the breakfast was excellent and free. The lounge had excellent for and service.. With all that said, the price was perfect. Another Plus!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Donna W
jacqueline d, Front Office Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We try very hard to assist all guests whenever possible. We like to change our breakfast each and every day.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I really did enjoy staying at this hotel everyone treated us good my whole group was very happy. anyone that I know going in that direction II would defiantly recommend this hotel for the cleanliness and professionliness of staff

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ritam228
jacqueline d, Front Office Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

We are very happy about the pricing of our hotel. It is competitive yet very comfortable. We have an extensive breakfast equal to or better than a higher end hotel. Everything is made fresh each and every morning. ask anyone about breakfast and they will agree, it is more than enough. Our beds are comfortable as well.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days on a work trip and hated it! I booked through Priceline so I couldn't really cancel since it was already paid for. I guess I had the "Bridal Suite" which was discounted during my stay since the pull out bed was broken. Whatever, didn't plan on using it anyway. I'm 6'3 and the shower was beyond small for starters but I could deal. The fact that it took 4 days to fix the shower that overflowed when you used it was horrible! They wouldn't let me switch to the other Bridal Suite which wasn't occupied since my room was discounted nor to a regular room with a working shower. The room smelled like mold, I'm guessing from the stained carpert. The staff all seemed lazy about helping with any issues. Breakfast was bland, wifi slow but I didn't come for that I just needed the basics and this hotel FAILED!

• Stayed: June 2014

I apologize the facility manager was not able to fix the plumbing issue, but the breakfast is and always has been a favorite of the hotel guests. It is freshly prepared each and every day and changed up so as not to bore the guests with the same food every day. The staff is on key and make every effort to help/assist whenever possible.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was on the short list of looking for hotels as I decided late to be in the area. I hesitated, but this place is a gem! Has a bar, very nice place.
You should stay here if you can!
Word of caution, they have a second floor, but no elevator.
I look forward to using this property again.
Also, staff excellent!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
jacqueline d, Front Office Manager at Best Western Regency House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank You for the wonderful comments about our lounge and staff. Our rooms are clean and everyone is fully satisfied. We are located to quite a few attractions as well.