“Short Anniversary Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pompton PLains, United States
“Short Anniversary Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I went to stay at this hotel to celebrate our anniversary. We did not want to go really far out of town but we wanted to go somewhere. We chose this hotel because it had bridal/honeymoon suites with Jacuzzi tubs. Overall the experience was ok. We usually stay in swankier hotels but decided to give this one a shot because honestly, the swankier hotels had no room (on short notice) and the pictures did not look too bad. The room was clean but it looks like they spent some money to update some things (flat screens and some of the furniture) but they still have to update other things as well to get it up to par a little more. The living room looked like it was out of the late 80s and not many pictures on the walls. There was mold around the sink but overall it was a cozy hotel on short notice. It wasn't your typical Best Western and it did not look like a motel. This hotel definitely has potential with a few more tweaks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
So. Cal, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

After ruling out several other nearby hotels, I decided to trust the reviews in Tripadvisor and am glad I did. This was a nice, affordable and clean hotel that was worth going a little out of my way to stay at. I was especially looking for a non-smoking hotel and this one had the lower floor reserved for non-smoking rooms.
Our bed was firm, clean and comfortable, the room was quiet (we were on the back side of the hotel away from the highway), and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Our receptionist, Arlene, made us feel very welcome and quickly got us settled into our room. A small business center next to the reception desk had internet connectivity, which was nice since I did not bring my laptop on this trip.
The breakfast was simple but good, with the standard continental fare plus some very good, warm scrambled eggs and fresh fruit. The breakfast attendant kept things clean and appealing, and was helpful with whatever we needed.
Finally, there is a mall with lots of stores a couple of miles south of the hotel and a great 24 hour diner, Pompton Queen Diner and Restaurant (see my review in Tripadvisor) about a mile north of the hotel, next to the Honda dealership.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back if road noise is really a concern. Also, the first floor rooms are for...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CAHurt
Wayne, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was not visiting. I am without a place to live . I feel very comfortable staying here. A little expensive. I am having a difficult time using your password. I have tried several times I don't know how long I will be staying here, but all staff has been very nice. The only suggestion I would have they need new equipment in the exercise room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Atlantic City, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

After a wonderful night in NYC shopping for bussines clothes, I went to check in at Regency Best Western in Pompton Plains (Paquannok) NJ. My fiancee' had reserved the room for me on her card and I was to pay upon arrival with my debit card. Apparently, my bank had put a stop on my card for suspicious activity and the charges would not go through for my initial 2 night stay. The young lady was taken back by my initial reactions to this and offered me the house phone to call my bank (which had more than sufficient funds). While I was on the phone the girl tried everything in her power to get me checked in and before I was off the phone my fiancee' was bringing me my keys to our room! I am so pleased with the service by the staff, I would not even think of staying elsewhere! In fact, I stayed an extra night just to be close to my honey! Thank you! Douglas C. Blight

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I always love Best Western hotels but this time this particular hotel was not the Best. The first night there was a fire on the scond floor of hotel...no fire alarm was sounded, a lady from the 2nd floor banged on our door to advise us to vacate the bldg. About 10 mins later my daughter went back into the hotel and pulled the alarm as the employees in the hotel had not even done so. After 1.5 hrs standing in the parking lot we still were not given any details of the fire and were told to return to our rooms. Day number two our room was not cleaned, that is not a huge issue but the lady at the desk said...well you must have had the sign on the door to say No housekeeing....i advised her we did not even have a sign in our room to put on the door. Breakie foods were "ok" same food day in and day out and we stayed 4 nights...a large group of kids were staying there so the food was cleaned out in the mornings and we did not always get what we needed. On the day of check-out it took 30+ mins for me to be checked out. I had BW gift cards and the girl kept putting me aside to help other people who were checking out. I think if you are helping a guest you should finish with the check out and not push the person aside to assist others. Dont like to be a bearer of bad news but this was not the greatest stay at a Best Western.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Pompton Plains hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Although the computer system lost our reservation, the desk staff was able to give us an upgrade at the quoted price. The room was average but spacious. The wifi was weak in the room but better as you approached the door to the corridor. The breakfast was typical for a minimal buffet. This property is fine for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kodak, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is very well located on Route 23 with easy access to the major highways. The rooms are comfortable but a little outdated. However, the bed is nice and firm. Breakfast is included in the room price and is pretty much standard with scrambled eggs, waffle maker, cereals, etc. The worst part about breakfast is there are only large round tables which forces you to share. This keeps you from having any private conversations. There is a restaurant on site which is only open for dinner. I did not use it so I cannot comment on the quality of food served.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
#3 of 6 in Wayne
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Executive Inn
BEST WESTERN the Inn at Ramsey

Been to BEST WESTERN Regency House Hotel? Share your experiences!